Technology surrounds us and has become an inevitable part of our lives. Just like other industries, technology has also had a significant impact on the health and fitness industry. Innovations in the fitness industry have changed the way we workout resulting in substantial transformations. Wearables are increasingly gaining popularity by the day. They are not particularly new, but they have undergone many changes in recent years to help physically inactive persons to become more active. In the past, wearable devices were bulky and ineffective. This is no longer the case. Today’s wearables come in various forms such as smart wristbands, headbands, eyeglasses, etc. You can easily strap them onto your wrist, clip them on your clothes or even rock them like jewelry.
1 in 6 consumers currently owns and use a wearable device according to Forbes. In 2016 alone, a whopping 118 million units of wearable devices were shipped, and industry experts believe that this trend is not stopping any time soon. Very soon, wearables will overtake smartphones to be best-selling consumer electronics products. Projections show that the wearable device market will quadruple by 2022. Smart wearable sales are projected to exceed 200 million units in 2020.
A wearable is an electronic technology incorporated into items of an accessory and/or clothing which can be comfortably worn on the body. It is designed so as not to obstruct with your body when you are working out. These amazing tiny gadgets are developed considering the ease of application, data security, accuracy and cost. They allow you to access advanced technologies in a portable, easy and hands-free manner. Wearable devices have sensors that monitor a wide range of biometrics (bodily systems and functions) in real time. They collect raw data that is afterward fed to software for analysis. The data is transmitted via wireless networks to cloud storage facilities. The connectivity provided by these devices delivers easily accessible and understandable feedback in both directions.
Seamless Fitness Integration
Companies like Misfit, Fitbit and Garmin are leading the race for fitness trackers. Mostly wrist-worn, these workout companions monitor fitness-related metrics like heartbeat, calories burned and steps taken. These trackers are intended to fit into your life, and not disrupt it. Gyms and smart fitness companies are continually looking for ideas to tap the digital world market to give their businesses the edge over their competitors. They are aware of the fact that clients don’t want to get the feeling like they are making a lifestyle change. To enable this, fitness centers have started integrating wearables to reach potential clients and enhance membership retention. Wearables provide vital data, socialization and gamification aspects.
Just like smartphones have revolutionized how we communicate with the outside world, wearables continue to become more deeply woven into the fitness experience. In today’s market, wearable devices provide sensory and scanning features such as tracking physical activity and scanning. They facilitate communication between a trainer and a trainee. Technology is advancing at a fast pace, and developers and engineers continue to find new and exciting software and hardware innovations that will change how wearables look, feel and work. It is safe to say that there’s no limit to the potential uses of wearable devices.
5 Ways Wearables Are Changing the Future of Fitness
Wearables Engage Gym Members for Better User Experience
Fitness centers that integrate wearables into personal training sessions and group classes have a better retention rate. By using the social platforms associated with wearables to connect gym members, the gym will start feeling like a social space for members and gym-goers can start feeling like a family instead of just training partners. The info from these devices is vital when looking to send training tips, class reminders and push notifications.
Data Sourced from Wearables Enhance Member Lifetime Value
Gone are the days when gyms used to rely on traditional physical records to keep track of their customers’ progress. Thanks to wearables, gyms can take advantage of the valuable data generated by the devices to extract value from members. Breaking down the data will help gyms to learn customer behavior and act accordingly. If, for instance, you pinpoint a member that is likely to quit, you can devise ways to keep them engaged. Engagement can be anything from a simple consultation to a free personal training session.
Gamification Brings The Fun To Workouts
Workouts don’t need to be boring, and thanks to wearable fitness trackers, they are not. You can sync up your device with your fitness center’s ecosystem to enable gamification. What this basically means is that any gym activity, be it weight lifting or group exercise, will turn into a game. You will be offered personalized points or rewards for every successful milestone. This will engage gym-goers and motivate them to do better and be better. When your goals seem far-fetched, you will get the required motivation to reach for them.
Enhancing Personal Training And Paid Programming
It is easy to overrate your daily level of physical fitness. Wearable devices can be linked with apps that can monitors members’ diets and activities outside the gym over time. Every wearable has a mobile app to go along with. Such apps can help you keep your client on track by ensuring he or she sticks to the training program. Besides tracking, wearables also provide feedback and helpful insights. Depending on the client’s progress, you can make meaningful changes by offering the appropriate support and guidance. In the next few years, every fitness club will have its own app, just like every business now has its own website.
Social Amplification By Wearables Is Vital To The Younger Generation
We live in an internet era and social media rules the world. Almost everyone is on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Wearable devices bring out the social feature in a gym, enabling members to connect easily. By making exercises social, gym-goers are more likely to enjoy the experience of training in the gym and sticking to their unique personal fitness goals.
Overall, fitness is headed towards smart wearable tech and the cutting-edge tech currently available has set the pace for a more personalized fitness planning. The wearable market is in a constant state of change. While most common devices are worn on the wrist, evolving wearable designs means that smart technology will be incorporated into other gears such as running clothes and shoes. These advancements have made the future of fitness bright and exciting to look forward to.
Think of wearables as a New Year’s resolution and acquire one today!
- Smart Tape Measure. If you want your body measurements progress showing for graphing over time, this is the best Smart Body Measuring Tape for you; complete with fully integrated Renpho App connectivity. Syncs with Apple Health.
- Easy to Read. Reading the small numbers and lines on a traditional measuring tool is difficult and may lead to inaccuracy. Our large LCD screen and instant measurement saving via the App allows you to skip the hassle and avoid any error! Perfect for personal professional trainers work out use.
- Multifunctional. Whether you are a fitness enthusiast, gaining more muscle, slimming down, or even an expecting mother-to-be... it has never been easier to track your body change trends.
- Retractable Easy-Lock Hook. With this innovative Smart Measuring Tape, you no longer require others for help while measuring. Our Easy-Lock design allows you to measure your body circumference quickly on your own.
- Friendly and useful App. Come join us on the journey to Smart, Healthy Living, and Fitness. The account of Renpho app is available for logging in to the Renpho Health app and the data will be synchronized. (Note: The data of Renpho Health app cannot be synchronized to the Renpho app)
- Most convenient cardio exercise: With RENPHO smart jump rope, you can get a more efficient, more low-cost, and happier cardio exercise. The jump rope is lightweight and portable, it is a gift for women to be flexibly used indoors or outdoors. Keep workouts, it will help you keep a fit body and effectively improve cardiopulmonary functions and endurance. It also is the best choice for school supplies for teenagers.
- Reach fitness goal with APP Renpho Fit: Our fitness skipping rope can connect with our APP Renpho Fit that can easily analyze and track your periodic workout data. You can grasp your skip time, total skip number, calories burned, and tangles to reach your fitness goal at any time.
- Three smart jump rope modes: The workout jump ropes have 3 shipping modes to choose from (free jump/time countdown/numbers countdown). Our jump rope is a built-in chip and is equipped with 3 sensitive & precise Hall sensors that can count for every jumping data correctly and ensure data accuracy.
- Adjustable PVC steel wire rope: The jumping rope counter adopts 3M/9.85FT PVC steel wire rope that is durable and non-tangling. The PVC-wrapped steel rope can be suitable for almost any kind of floor like floor tile, wooden. No need for cutting and can adjust quickly. If you need a cordless jump rope, please search R-P001 (1 Pack)/R-P002 (2 Packs).
- Clear LCD display & comfortable foam handle: Our jump ropes for fitness for men are equipped with a lightweight foam handle that is made from friendly environmental ABS with EVA material. The foam handles give you comfortable touch and non-slip when exercising, Also, the main handle is embedded with an HD LCD display that provides users a clear view of the rope skipping data, like skip time or total skips.
- Premium Multisport GPS watch with Elevate wrist heart rate technology. Physical size 1.8 x 1.8 x 0.6 inches. Cockpit watch band compatible included (22 mm)
- Fit for adventure with a rugged design that features stainless steel bezel, buttons and rear case. Display type: sunlight visible, transflective memory in pixel (MIP)
- Put key stats at your fingertips with the performance widget that shows the effects and progress of your workouts. Case material : Fiber reinforced polymer with stainless steel rear cover
- Connected features include smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect online fitness community and personalization through free watch faces and apps from our Connect IQ store. Display size: 1.2 inches (240 x 240)
- Outdoor sensors, including GPS and GLONASS satellite reception and 3 axis compass with gyroscope and barometric altimeter. Battery life- Smartwatch mode-Up to 2 weeks. GPS/HR mode-Up to 24 hours. UltraTrac mode-Up to 60 hours without wrist heart rate
- 【Bluetooth Call Receiving/Dialing】After connecting to your phone via Bluetooth, you can answer/make clear calls directly from your fitness tracker. You won't miss important calls when you don't have easy access to your phone, such as when you are running or driving. Note: You can add 20 frequently used contacts to facilitate calls, and the incoming ring tone can be set freely
- 【Alexa and Message notification】You can talk to Alexa on your smart watch. Set alarms and timers, check the weather, control your smart home devices, create shopping lists, ask questions, get translations, and much more. Also, you can receive SMS and APP messages (Text, Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter...) so you won't miss any important information
- 【60 Sports Modes and IP68 Water Resistance】With 60 built-in Sport modes and IP68 water resistance, fitness tracker watch meets most sports enthusiasts` needs. Fitness tracker for men provides fitness data, including calories, steps, distance, and workout time, Generate fitness report after a workout
- 【24-Hour Health Guard】Smart watch with text and call provides health monitoring features such as real-time Heart Rate, Blood Oxygen (Sp02), and Sleep Monitoring(Deep/light sleep). Smart watch with text and call intelligently monitors current stress levels, we always care about the health of each customer
- 【Convenient Life Assistant】Smart watch for men has many useful features such as Women's Health, Pedometer, Weather Forecast, Noise Detection, Alarm Clock, Stopwatch, Music Control, Brightness Adjustment, etc, which can play an important role in daily life. Smart watches for women can be used for more than 7 days (within 2 hours) on one charge and on standby for over 25 days
- ⌚【Smart Watch Bluetooth Call and Smart Notification】 Smart Watch can inform you of any important information you want to know, even when you are busy, it can timely remind you of every important schedule，for example：Call reminder, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, TMessenger, email, linkedi, messenger, instagram.
- ⌚【Heart Rate Monitor and Sleep Tracker】24/7 heart rate monitoring allows to check your heart rate anytime, and better understand your heart rate trends. automatic sleep tracking your deep, light, and awake sleep patterns, and provide comprehensive analysis of your sleep quality (deep sleep,light sleep and wake up time) to help you get a better understanding of your health and and make reasonable adjustment on your lifestyle.
- ⌚【28 Sport Modes and Life Assistant】It supports 28 sport modes, such as swimming, running, climbing, Yoga, and so on. It can also work as an assistant: music and camera control, weather display, sedentary reminder, drink water reminder, alarm clock, stopwatch, flashlight, which help you live a convenient life.
- ⌚【1.7" HD Full Touch Screen and Customized Watch Face】High texture metal watch frame with 1.7 "TFT full touch colorful screen bring comfortable touch and excellent visual experience. There are 150+ different watch face styles to choose in the App. You can also customize your watch faces with your loved photos. Also, watch screen will light up every time you raise your hand.
- ⌚【Rich features& Compatibility】 The smart watches for android phones and iPhone can receive all the call and information synchronized with the phone it also includes the function of alarm clock, sedentary reminder, calendar, step counter, stopwatch, Pedometer etc. The smart watches compatible with Android 6.0 or above/iOS 11.0 or above and Bluetooth 4.2 or later.
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse (TM) continuous, wrist based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable is connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 Jan. And later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- Syncing range: Up to 6.1 m and Syncing requires Bluetooth LE and Internet connection. Windows 10 computers that do not have Bluetooth LE will need a wireless sync dongle in order to sync.
- Suit your style with a smartwatch that's available in two colors and features a bright AMOLED display
- Get an uninterrupted picture of your health with battery life up to 10 days in smartwatch mode
- Get up to 7 hours of battery life in GPS mode with music, plus rapid recharging and battery saver mode
- Use preloaded workouts that include cardio, yoga, strength, HIIT and Pilates, create your own in the Garmin Connect app on your compatible smartphone, or try Garmin Coach free adaptive training plans to help you prepare for your next running challenge
- Download up to 650 songs to your watch, including playlists from Spotify, Amazon Music or Deezer (may require a premium subscription), and connect with wireless headphones (not included) for phone-free listening
- Activity Tracking: With Fitnus you can track your daily activity from day to night. Record your vital data like walking distance and steps, heart rate, blood oxygen level, blood pressure and calorie burning, etc.
- Heart Rate Monitor: Fitnus eWatch makes it easy track your 24-hour heart rate. Keep your data recorded in the app and receive alerts when you are reaching your maximum heart rate. The no-fuss interface also allows you quickly to set up your workout with less planning so you can just focus on achieving your goals.
- Blood Pressure Monitor: Fitnus eWatch activity tracker can measure and receive your blood pressure by adopting the latest in wearable technology. Know your body's health at all times.
- Smart Connectivity: With Fitnus it is easy to receive text messages, emails and smart notifications right on your wrist. Easy connect to your iPhone or Android device.
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse (continuous, wrist based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross training, biking and more; Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- 【ALEXA & GPS BUILT-IN】You can talk to Amazon Alexa on your Amazfit Bip U Pro smartwatch, Ask questions, get translations, check the weather, control your smart home devices and more. And get precise tracking of your distance, daily step count thanks to integrated GPS..Water resistance depth:50 meters
- 【60+ SPORTS MODES & 5 ATM WATER RESISTANT】Featuring 60+ sports modes to help you exercise at a higher level. Water-resistant up to 50 meters, you can wear the fitness watch for swimming and it will record your achievements even underwater.
- 【MORE HEALTH TRACKING METRICS】The Amazfit Bip U Pro smart watch can provide all-around health tracking, allowing you to accurately track 24-hour heart rate, blood oxygen levels, stress levels, sleep quality, and female menstrual cycle.
- 【LONG 9-DAY BATTERY LIFE】When fully charged you can relax and enjoy more than a full week of travel or work without worrying about chargers.
- 【DESIGN FOR ALL-DAY COMFORT】Amazfit Bip U Pro fitness tracker only weighs 31 grams, An ultra-light design you can barely feel when striving for peak performance. Featuring a 1.43” large color screen with 320x302 pixel resolution, creates an exquisite visual display, making all incoming calls, messages, and reminders extremely clear.