Rowing machines provide a full-body workout, which can help you achieve your fitness goals faster.
However, they are expensive, especially indoor rowing machines. Luckily, there are budget rowing machines available.
Read on to find out more about the best budget rowing machine and what to consider before purchasing.
- DIGITAL MONITOR: The large LCD console displays time, count, calories, total count, and scan. The convenient scan mode displays your progress to assist you in tracking all your fitness goals.
- EXTRA LONG SLIDE RAIL: At 48 inches in slide rail length, and 44 inches in inseam length, the SF-RW5515 can accommodate rowers nearly any size.
- ADJUSTABLE MAGNETIC RESISTANCE: With a simple twist, you can increase or decrease the 8 levels of magnetic resistance, so your workout can remain challenging and effective throughout your fitness journey.
- TRANSPORTATION WHEELS: Built-in transportation wheels for easy portability. Simply tilt and roll out for use or away for storage, no need for heavy lifting or muscle strain.
- NON-SLIP FOOT PEDALS: Textured non-slip foot pedals will ensure safe footing during the most demanding and vigorous workouts. Foot straps keep your feet saddled with so you can focus on the workout without feeling unbalanced.
This rowing machine is excellent for those on a budget, equipped with an alloy steel frame, and can hold up to 250 lbs.
The digital monitor provides a sizable display where users view the count, time, scan, calories, and more. You can also view your progress to track your fitness goals.
The SF-RW5515 can accommodate most sizes with its 48-inch slide rail length and 44-inch inseam length. The machine effortlessly changes between its eight levels of magnetic resistance for more challenges along your fitness journey.
For easy storage, the rowing machine has built-in transportation wheels. Anyone can tilt and roll out the device and store it anywhere without heavy lifting.
If you love vigorous workouts on the rowing machine, the non-slip foot pedals ensure safe footing without feeling imbalanced.
- 8 magnetic adjustments
- Textured non-slip foot pedals
- Extra-long slide rail length at 48-inches
- Alloy steel frame
- LCD monitor to track progress
- Complaints about noise and quality over time
- 【ADJUSTABLE LEVELS】FISUP rowing machine can be set at different tension levels for different people to train, which can exercise the muscles of the whole body and is useful for strengthening the human body.
- 【DIGITAL DISPLAY 】This rower machine has a 30-inch screen height that makes it easy to track speed, distance, time, calories, SPM, date and ambient temperature, allowing you to effectively keep track of your exercise.
- 【STABLE STRUCTURE 】This fitness equipment is made of a sturdy triangular steel frame, and it comes with a comfortable seat and two adjustable pedal platforms, as well as foam-covered handles. It's could be keeps human-bodystability and comfort while exercising.
- 【MAXIMUM LOAD】 This rowing machine can withstand individuals up to 265 pounds for exercise, with a seat height of 9 inches, a width of 18 inches and an effective leg movement distance of 50 inches.
- 【ONE YEAR WARRANTY 】All of our fitness equipment comes with a one year warranty and free parts replacement. If you have any questions, please contact us directly so that we can solve your problem quickly.
This budget rowing machine comes with an ergonomic design featuring foam-covered handlebars, a durable steel frame, and a comfortable seat. The foot platforms provide comfort and stability during workouts.
It’s convenient for home and office, offering an environmentally-friendly transmission that’s quiet while working out. The transport wheels conveniently move the machine to store anywhere in the house, including small spaces.
The FISUP Rowing Machine accommodates most sizes with a 9-inch seat height, 50-inch slider length and holds up to 265 lbs. Also, a digital display tracks your speed, SPM, calories burned, and ambient temperature.
Depending on your fitness level, you can adjust the tension based on eight different modes. The tension levels range from gentle, low intensity to high intensity.
- 8 tension levels categorized in three different modes
- Digital display to track progress
- Excellent for home use
- Ergonomic design with a comfortable seat, handlebars, and stable foot platforms
- Transport wheels for easy storage
- Complaints of low quality
- 12 Levels of Resistance | With the convenient 12 levels of adjustable resistance tension knob,just a simple twist, you can increase or decrease resistance so your rower workout can remain challenging and effective throughout your rowing fitness journey.
- Digital Monitor | Package including LCD monitor ,which displays time, speed, calories, count, scan.it is convenient to track the effect of exercise to reach your fitness goals.
- Sturdy & Durable | Sturdy steel construction is strong enough that can hold a max weight capacity of 250 lbs,durable enough for long time using.come with detailed instruction ,part of the product is pre-installed and the item can be used after a simple assembly.
- Ergonomic | The anti slip foot pedals come with adjustable straps to fix your foot.Great for small spaces to use,portable to take and store to save your home space.Weight:25lbs
- 3-Level Adjustable Incline | There are three level at the rear of the machine to adjust the height to meet the needs of different people .As the height increases, it can also increase the difficulty of exercise .
Looking for a rowing machine that’s amongst the most affordable while providing many features for the home?
The Livebest Rowing Machine is a solid deal for those who want simple yet effective workouts. It weighs just 29 lbs, making it easy for storage in the home. The machine’s dimensions are also convenient for those in small spaces such as apartments.
The machine also uses hydraulic instead of magnetic mechanisms, making it most suitable for lower impact workouts. Beginners looking to use rowing machines may find this a positive feature, especially on a budget.
It has 12 levels of resistance by simply twisting a knob. A digital monitor counts your calories, displays your speed, time, and more. Despite weighing 29 lbs, it can hold up to 250 lbs. There’s a three-level adjustable incline to accommodate people of different heights and make the workouts more challenging.
Lastly, the anti-slip foot pedals are equipped with adjustable straps for maximum security and comfort.
- Best for low impact workouts because of its hydraulic mechanism
- Lightweight at 29 lbs
- 12 levels of resistance
- Digital monitor for tracking
- Solid for beginners
- Best for small spaces
- Not for advanced users as magnetic mechanism provides stronger resistance
- ✅FULL BODY LOW-IMPACT YET POWERFUL WORKOUT - The unique design allows for a full-body, effective workout for every major muscle group - including back, legs, arms, abs and glutes. Rowing is also widely known to aid in improving cardiovascular health and burning calories.
- ✅ADJUSTABLE HYDRAULIC RESISTANCE WITH MANUAL CONTROL KNOB - Manually adjust the tension with a control knob so you can easily customize your workout to fit your needs. Use the unique arm bar angles to exercise your chest, shoulder, and arm muscles.
- ✅DURABLE STEEL FRAME CONSTRUCTION - The steel frame can withstand a maximum user weight of 250 pounds. The row machine is sturdy and will last for years. Assembled Dimensions: 50 L x 36.22 W x 20 H Inches / Weight: 34 Pounds
- ✅TRACK YOUR PROGRESS - Easy to read LCD monitor displays time, row count, and calories burned. The scan function scrolls through workout metrics every 6 seconds. This monitor works on 1 AA battery (battery not included).
- ✅ERGONOMIC DESIGN - A molded seat glides your every motion. Pivoting footplates with safety straps with 2 strap positions will secure any size feet. Row in comfort every time.
This rowing machine is versatile and excellent for those on a budget, with its ergonomic design providing full low-impact workouts. It has easy-grip armbars for more effective workouts, including a gliding seat. The pivoting foot plates have safety straps for a secure experience.
It has durable steel construction and can hold up to 250 lbs, despite weighing 34 lbs. Its foldable feature is best for small spaces and easy storage.
The LCD monitor shows row count, calories burned, and workout time. The scan also scrolls through metrics every six seconds for optimal tracking progress.
Easily customize your workouts with its manual control knob between 12 different intensity settings with its hydraulic mechanism.
- Lightweight at 34 lbs
- 12 intensity settings
- Hydraulic mechanism for low impact workouts, suitable for novices
- LCD monitor display to track progress
- Foldable for easy storage
- Adjusts to fit people between 4’2 to 6’7
- Users stated that it is difficult to assemble
- 8 RESISTANCE SETTINGS – The Marcy Turbine Rowing Machine consists of eight levels of resistance that allow users to customize their workout from easy to intense.
- INCLUDES COMPUTER DISPLAY PANEL – This Turbine Rowing Machine has a built-in display panel so that you can easily monitor your speed, distance, time, calories burned, and RPM.
- DURABLE INJECTION MOLDED SEAT – The Marcy Turbine Rowing Machine is made with a durable ergonomically designed injection molded seat that allows users to exercise comfortably.
- ADJUSTABLE FOOT STRAPS – This exercise machine comes with two adjustable foot platforms with straps that offer comfort and stability during your workout routine.
- HIGH-QUALITY CONSTRUCTION – This training machine is made with a solid steel frame that s you years of reliable use.
This air rowing machine uses a turbine to provide a realistic stroke feel and precise metrics.
There are eight resistance levels to customize workouts from beginner to advanced. The built-in display allows users to view their time, distance, calories burned, speed, and RPM.
Its ergonomic design comes with a molded seat for a comfortable experience while working out. The adjustable foot straps also provide comfort and stability. The high-quality construction of the machine uses a solid steel frame.
Also, the Marcy Foldable Turbine Rowing Machine has transport wheels and a foldable design that provide easy compact storage.
- Eight different resistance levels
- Foam-padded seat for comfort
- Foam handles with non-slip grip
- Display panel showing speed, distance, RPM, calories burned
- Adjustable pedals with foot straps
- Foldable design for compact storage
- Transport wheels for easy portability
- A realistic rowing experience with air mechanism
- ✔[12 LEVELS OF RESISTANCE]:The hydraulic resistance system creates a smooth and quiet row, throughout 12 total levels of resistance.Our rowing machine can exercise arms, thighs, buttocks, calves and back muscles, stimulate blood circulation and maintain good health.
- ✔[DIGITAL MONITOR]:Track your workout progress on the digital monitor, equipped with time, count, count total, calories, and scan function.Need 1 AA battery(Not Included).
- ✔[ERGONOMIC]: Enjoy a comfortable row with the pivoting foot pedals, foam handlebars, and cushioned seat designed with your comfort in mind. Tailor your workout experience by fitting the adjustable pedal straps to your feet, and level your rower to your space with the stabilizers.
- ✔[ Solid Steel Frame]:Solid and sturdy steel construction is strong enough that can hold a max weight capacity of 265 lbs. It features high corrosion and wear resistance for long time using. Specially designed of the row machine for small spaces to use, for compact and portable to take, and for storing to save your home space.
- ✔[3-Level Adjustable Incline]:The higher the incline the greater the workout! Choose up to 3 levels of added incline to significantly challenge your workout. As you row, your incline will increase to create a dynamic motion and giving you an incredible ab and leg workout.
This rowing machine is specially designed for home use with its stainless steel frame, design, and hydraulic resistance. Also, the easy-fold design allows users to put away the machine vertically for convenient storage.
The machine offers 12 resistance levels that target the whole body, stimulating circulation and promoting better health. There are three adjustable incline levels for a more challenging workout, creating a dynamic motion to target the legs and abs.
The seat is designed with injection mold for a comfortable rowing experience during prolonged workouts. The two textured foot plates come with adjustable straps to fit all sizes, secure the feet, and ensure you get the best position.
Lastly, the multi-function LCD monitor tracks your calories your metrics to ensure you meet your goals.
- Hydraulic resistance for quiet, low impact workouts
- 12 resistance levels
- Stainless steel frame
- Lightweight at 24.5 lbs
- Multi-functional LCD monitor
- Padded seat
- Easy foldable design
- Suitable for compact spaces
- Complaints of quality
Before you search for the best budget rowing machines, here are some factors to consider before buying.
There are primarily four types of rowing machines:
- Hydraulic: Also called a piston rower. The most affordable option, but it does not provide a realistic rowing experience and less resistance.
- Air: Also called flywheel or turbine. Wind power offers a more precise, realistic rowing experience with more resistance. It is known for its high noise level.
- Water: Most common for a realistic stroking experience; requires periodic cleaning and water changing
- Magnetic: The quietest mechanism and the most popular besides hydraulic
Each type falls under different pricing categories, with hydraulic and magnetic being the most affordable.
Rowing machines can be noisy depending on the mechanism. For instance, magnetic rowers are the quietest, while air rowers are the loudest.
If you live in an apartment, an air rower may not be the best option. However, if you live in a remote area or a soundproof room, a loud rower will not be an issue.
Magnetic rowers have become the most popular because they produce fewer decibels.
If you want a more rigorous workout, an air or water rowing machine may be more suitable. However, if you’re a beginner or on a budget, a magnetic or hydraulic rowing machine is the best option.
Depending on the type of rower you buy, maintenance will be vital to extending the life of your machine.
For example, a water rower needs frequent changes and cleaning. Fan-based rowers may need to be fixed by a professional if there is a severe issue.
Also, a machine with detachable parts is easier to fix or replace.
Rowing machines are relatively large and require a dedicated space during workouts and storage.
For home use, machines with a design for convenient storing may be more helpful for those in compact spaces. Foldable designs are the most common to reduce the machine’s size.
Most rowing machines will come with an LCD panel, anti-slip foot paddles, and various resistance levels.
However, more features that may add to your comfort, security, and workout while not breaking your budget can be beneficial. For example, safety straps for the legs or a padded seat can enhance your rowing experience.
Adjustable incline for more challenging workouts can target abdominals, quads, and hamstrings.
Now that you’re aware of the best budget rowing machine consider purchasing one to get the best full-body workout.
Depending on the type of rowing machine you want, these affordable options can fit your space and provide you enough resistance levels to achieve your fitness goals.