Working out with an elliptical machine can genuinely take your workouts from ordinary to incredibly effective. These machines were once only accessible to people with premium gym memberships or wealthy individuals who had enough money to purchase their own expensive elliptical.
Fortunately, there are a whole host of inexpensive elliptical machines on the market that allow you to torch calories and get into the best shape of your life from the comfort of your own home.
It’s not an exaggeration to say that elliptical machines can revolutionize your workout. These machines tend to target your whole body, giving you a comprehensive workout that doesn’t take a lot of time to complete. If you are on a tight schedule and want to transform your body quickly, get an elliptical machine.
Elliptical machines simply torch calories. They are one of the most effective forms of cardio when it comes to melting off unwanted fat. The more calories than you burn, the quicker you will get down to your target weight. Additionally, regular cardio exercise is also linked to a higher metabolism, so training on the elliptical covers you on both fronts.
Unlike a lot of other cardio options, elliptical training is a low-impact workout, which means that you can use the elliptical if you’re recovering from another injury or if you don’t want too much impact on your joints. High-impact workouts, like running or jumping rope, can cause undue stress on your joints and negatively impact your body over time.
Working in an elliptical routine could help you to protect your joints while still hitting your fitness goals. Since elliptical workouts burn a ton of calories, you won’t have to worry that you will gain weight or fall behind if you have an injury.
Elliptical machines target your whole body, making them one of the most effective ways to work out. Most cardio workouts help get your lower body into shape, but ellipticals incorporate arm motions into the workout, so your upper body is getting toned as well.
This saves you a lot of time in the long run. Instead of having to do extra arm exercises, you can sculpt every part of your body simply by jumping on the elliptical machine.
Whenever you do cardio exercise, you are building your stamina, and training on the elliptical machine is certainly no exception. Good cardio workouts, like elliptical training, get your blood pumping and build greater capacity in your organs. Over time, your endurance and stamina should increase.
There are plenty of great reasons why you should invest in an elliptical machine, and with so many inexpensive options on Amazon, there’s no reason not to.
These tried and true products all rate at least four stars or higher on Amazon. They will deliver the results that you want, without the hefty price tag.
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-E905 Elliptical Machine
- RESISTANCE: Easily adjust the intensity of your workout with the twist of the precise micro-controller equipped with 8 levels of magnetic resistance.
- DIGITAL MONITOR WITH PULSE: Follow along with your workout progress on the digital monitor that displays your time, speed, distance, calories, and pulse.
- EASY SETUP: Avoid the hassle of overly complicated setups. This convenient elliptical cross trainer has been partially preassembled.
- STABILIZER: Achieve smooth and even movement by leveling your elliptical bike with the onboard stabilizers.
- COMPACT: This compact machine is ideal for people looking to achieve an incredible workout, but don’t have much space to work with.
This machine relies heavily on resistance training, and it’s one of the most efficient models on our list. It also lets you fully customize your workout. You can monitor your heart rate with their intuitive pulse sensor and set your speed and difficulty level. With eight different programs available, there’s truly something for everyone. During and after your workout, the elliptical will report on calories burned and vital stats, such as heart rate.
Even though this elliptical is a true powerhouse, it’s also highly low-impact and gives you a great cardiovascular workout without any joint pain. Both your lower and upper body will be fully engaged throughout, making it a genuinely efficient model. It also folds up small enough to fit in any corner of your home, even if you live in a small apartment. This model definitely gets big points for being user-friendly and practical.
- Eight different programs so you can customize your workout
- Vital stats monitoring throughout
- Small enough to fit in any space
- Upper and lower body workout
- It’s not suitable for larger frames or sizes
- Some people reported a loud clicking sound while operating
Doufit Elliptical Machine
- 【Smooth Workout】The high-quality flywheel and the magnetic resistance provide a smooth and quiet workout. Doufit elliptical machine is great to exercise your arms, legs, calves, hip, abdominal muscle and waist, but is safe for the knees. It is a advisable option for home workout.
- 【Digital Monitor And Pulse Sensor】The sensitive digital monitor and the pulse sensors can track and scan your sport data including calories, time, speed, virtual distance, total mileage and heart rate during exercise, which makes your exercise more reasonable and effective.
- 【Adjustable Design for Your Family】There are 8 adjustable levels of magnetic resistance, so you can achieve different training intensities as the needs of your family. Owing to the convenient design of moving wheels, you can easy to move it for storage.
- 【Reliable Safety Design】Doufit elliptical machine adopts heavy duty integrated steel frame to achieve a stable and safe performance while it is light weight. Equipped the large and textured pedals, it makes you more safe and comfortable during exercise. The maximum load bearing is 250lbs. Doufit offers a professional technical service team and 1 year warranty.
- 【Clear Assembly Video】All parts including hardware are listed and numbered in the instruction. We uploaded an assembly video on the product page for your reference, which is more clear to understand. You can search “Doufit EM-01 Assembly Video” to find it on Youtube.
This is an excellent high-tech machine with a lower price tag. It has a digital monitor and pulse sensor that gives you a brief overview of all of your vital signs. It also tracks calories and distance while you exercise so that you know exactly how much more you need to do to hit your goals. It has multiple levels of resistance, and you can adjust them as needed during your workout.
One of the major selling points of this machine is that you get a relatively quiet workout. Since many less expensive models tend to be noisy, this benefit makes it a good option for people who have families or who need a relatively quiet environment when they’re working out. Finally, it’s also completely adjustable, so anyone in your family can use it.
- Totally quiet
- Quick shipping
- Easy to change resistance and display
- It comes with wheels, so it’s easy to move
- More serious athletes might want more than eight settings
- Not as sturdy as some users would like
Body Rider Elliptical Trainer and Exercise Bike
- 2-IN-1 TRAINER: Unlike ordinary exercise bikes, ours has dual exercise modes, which save space in your home gym or home office while maximizing routine. Our foam bike seat provides the option of full body seated fitness.
- HASSLE-FREE TRANSITIONS: Easily stand, sit and adjust resistance to customize your cardio HIIT workout session and home workout experience.
- ADJUSTABLE HOME WORKOUT EQUIPMENT: The seat adjusts both vertically and horizontally for up to 7 different user heights, while the full body handlebars offer 3 height options for a versatile and convenient total gym experience.
- SAFETY FEATURES: Includes an adjustable cushion, 4 integrated handlebars and covered fan flywheel to prevent injury. The front and rear stabilizers give the user side-to-side safety and stability. The fan resistance provides a smooth glide while the tension adjusts easily with a manual turn knob.
- SMART WORKOUT TRACKER: Our simple, smart, easy to use digital computer measures basic metrics, displaying the time, speed, distance, and average calories burned.
This incredible machine is a two in one trainer with several different modes. You can switch between biking and using the elliptical machine, which is an excellent way to switch up your cardio and stave off boredom. It’s also reasonably easy to alternate between the two modes, and you can easily bike and use the elliptical in a single workout.
Several different height options make this bike a standout option since many less expensive elliptical machines have height or weight restrictions. Also, there is a tracking function that records your calorie intake and vital signs during and after your workout. If you have a smaller space and want to get the most out of your workout equipment, this model by Body Rider is a spectacular fit. Also, the price is right!
- Changes from an exercise bike to an elliptical machine seamlessly
- Fairly easy to put together
- Can handle people of different sizes and heights
- Intuitive tracking function
- Some users found it noisy
- It doesn’t fold up as quickly as other choices
FUNMILY Elliptical Machine
This machine comes with eight different levels so you can adjust the resistance and difficulty of your workout, as well as an LCD monitor that tracks your speed, time, distance, heart rate, and calories. Its dual handlebar system lets both children and adults use the machine to work out their upper bodies, making this option one of the most family-friendly ones on our list.
Additionally, FUNMILY’s customer service and support are second to none. Most customers get their elliptical machines after just a few days of ordering them, and they come with a detailed owner’s manual with complete installation instructions. It’s easy to set up and start working out immediately. Additionally, this model is exceptionally quiet, so you won’t have to worry about disturbing other people in your home.
Although it’s one of the more expensive options on the list, many people think that the cost is well worth it. It’s a top-rated Amazon product for a reason.
- Runs quietly during use
- Dual handlebar system makes it easy to use for both children and adults
- Great customer service and speedy delivery
- LCD monitor to check all of your vitals
- The most expensive model on the list
- Some athletes might prefer more than eight speeds
When selecting your elliptical, think about what you want to use it for. Do you strictly want an elliptical machine, or should it have other functionality? Who will be using the machine? What kind of storage space and budget do you have?
Since even less expensive models of elliptical machines are serious investments, you should have a good idea of what you want well before pressing the “pay now” button on Amazon. Additionally, it helps to read through reviews to see if any of them resonate with you. Sometimes certain features will be more appealing than others. Doing a little bit of work in advance will help you in the long run.
If you’re serious about getting into shape from the comfort of your own home, an elliptical machine is the way to go. Fortunately, you can find some of the best cheap elliptical machines online that will kick your fitness habit into gear and let you get into the best shape of your life.