Fitbits are great fitness tracking tools. However, if you give one to a child, depending on the model, it might not last for long because kids have a penchant for breaking things. Therefore, durability is a key factor to look for, something we have taken into account when compiling this review of the best Fitbits for kids.
Best Fitbit for Kids
Fitbit Charge 3
- Better measure calorie burn, understand resting heart rate & more with 24/7 heart rate tracking and a battery life of up to 7 days (varies with use and other factors); Charge time (0 to100 percent) 2 hours
- Choose from 15 plus exercise modes like run, bike, swim, yoga, circuit training and more, set a goal, and get real time stats during your workouts to see how you can keep getting better
- Automatically record time spent in Light, Deep and REM sleep stages and see activity trends, health insights and personalized guidance in one place with Fitbit Today. Operating temperature is -10° to 45° Celsius
- Swim proof and water resistant to 50 Meters so you can track swims and wear in the shower; We do not recommend wearing Charge 3 in a hot tub or sauna; Also connect to smartphone GPS for real time pace and distance during outdoor runs and rides
- Stay connected to your day with everyday apps for weather and more and get call, text and smartphone app notifications on your wrist; Small wristband Fits a wrist between 5.5 to 7.1 inches; Large wristband Fits a wrist between 7.1 to 8.7 inches
If you are looking for a good Fitbit for kids, the Charge 3 is one of the more durable models out there. It features an impact-resistant design, a scratch-proof screen, and it can withstand being in water down to 50 meters.
Kids need durable things, and this is a durable Fitbit. The display may be touchscreen, but it is surprisingly responsive and tough.
This model can track various things including your sleep, 24/7 heart rate monitoring, and basic fitness parameters. It features all of the basics like step and calorie counting.
The Charge 3 will also provide various notifications, such as weather alerts, as well as email, text, and call notifications from the connected smartphone.
This model also comes with the Fitbit health app, which has many features, such as workout programs and daily health insights for kids to see. Keep in mind that this model is technically made for adults, but also comes with a smaller wristband which is ideal for kids.
- Very durable
- Nice touch screen
- Monitors sleep, heart rate, steps, calories, and more
- Smart connectivity with a user friendly app
- Battery life indicator is not accurate
- Battery life is not that impressive overall
Fitbit Versa Lite Edition Smart Watch
- Track your all day activity, 24/7 heart rate, & sleep stages all with a 4 plus day battery life (varies with use and other factors)
- Use 15 plus exercise modes to record workouts and connect to smartphone gps for more precise real time pace & distance
- Access your favorite apps for sports, weather & more and get call, calendar, text, and app alerts. Charge time (0-100%)- two hours
- Get call, text, calendar and smartphone app notifications when your phone is nearby. Plus send quick replies on android only
- Enjoy a slim, comfortable design with a lightweight, anodized aluminum watch body that is swim proof (water resistant to 50 meters) ; hi res touchscreen :
One of the most impressive features is how the Fitbit Versa Lite Edition Smart Watch has a 5-day battery life, which is better than most others. It is also made to be tough enough to withstand children.
The face is made of Gorilla Glass, which is shatterproof, impact resistant, and scratch resistant. This Fitbit is so tough that it can be used for swimming and can withstand depths of 50 meters.
The Fitbit Versa Lite Edition Smart Watch is small, compact, and lightweight, making it perfect for kids and smaller people. There are over 15 exercise modes included, so kids can record workouts from various types of sports.
This particular model features 24/7 heart rate monitoring, sleep monitoring, steps, calories, and more. Using the smart connect feature, connect it to your smartphone and use the Fitbit app to track progress and monitor goals.
- Small and sleek
- Lightweight and comfy design
- Durable enough for kids
- Great for various types of activity
- Smart connectivity
- A useful app
- Impressive battery life
- Trouble displaying notifications
Fitbit Ace 2 Activity Tracker for Kids
- Steps & active minutes tracking let kids skip, jump & move their way to a healthier life. The syncing range is up to 6 meters
- Kids earn virtual badges and fun on screen celebrations when they reach their goals
- Bring on the pool party cannonballs or lunchtime spills ace 2 is swim proof (water resistant to 50m)
- Kids spend less time charging & more time moving with up to 5 days of battery (varies with use and other factors; animated clock faces require more frequent charging)
- Pair ace 2 to a child account to access a limited kid view. Kids can also challenge their friends to step competitions & send each other messages or cheers in app
This model is designed specifically for children. It’s got a child-friendly and goofy look. Moreover, it is very small, compact, and lightweight, more than ideal for a child’s wrist.
Most of this Fitbit is made with durable rubber, it has an impact-resistant screen, and it’s even waterproof down to 50 meters, so it’s definitely childproof in most ways.
What makes it so great for kids is that it comes with little rewards that the kids get for completing tasks, goals, and activities. There is a child-friendly app available, so kids can upload and view their data, and then compete with friends.
The Fitbit Ace 2 Activity Tracker for Kids can track steps and active minutes, plus it can even track sleeping habits as well. It may not be the most functional Fitbit in the world, but let’s remember that this is a basic model designed for kids.
- Very durable
- Interchangeable wrist bands
- Kid-friendly app
- Sleep tracking
- Basic and simple
- May cause chafing
- Not overly accurate
Fitbit Charge 2
- Fitbit will not provide warranty on international version products sold in US
- PurePulse continuous, automatic wrist-based heart rate tracking to better measure calorie burn all day
- Maximize your workouts using simplified heart rate zones (Fat Burn, Cardio and Peak)
- See call, text & calendar notifications on the OLED display; Automatically track how long and how well you sleep and wake with a silent vibrating alarm
- Get a better understanding of your fitness level and see how you can improve over time with a personalized Cardio Fitness Score; Use Connected GPS during run mode to see real-time stats like pace and distance on your wrist
We already looked at the Charge 3, and now comes the Charge 2, a slightly less functional and less expensive version. Kids may really like the smart connectivity feature which allows this Fitbit to get texts, calls, and email notifications from the smartphone it is connected to. There is also an app which kids can upload data to, and then keep track of goals.
The Charge 2 performs sleep tracking and monitoring, plus it also features 24/7 heart rate monitoring. Besides that, it also does all of the basics, such as calorie counting, time spent active, and more.
When using the running mode, the GPS can be activated to monitor real-time stats, such as speed, pace, distance, and more. The Charge 2 is a very sleek and lightweight Fitbit, but let’s keep in mind that durability is a bit limited, and it’s not waterproof. The battery life is not exactly impressive.
- Good price
- Performs basic tasks well
- Smart connectivity
- User-friendly app
- Heart rate and sleep monitoring
- GPS functionality
- Limited durability
- Limited battery life
Fitbit Inspire HR
- Utilize 24/7 heart rate to more accurately track calorie burn, resting heart rate & heart rate zones during workouts
- Track all day activity, including steps, distance, hourly activity, active minutes and calories burned. The Fitbit inspire band is made of a flexible, durable elastomer material similar to that used in many sport watches, and fastens with a peg and loop
- Automatically track sleep, plus due to the heart rate feature, get more insights into your light, deep & rem sleep stages
- Enjoy up to 5 days of battery for daily progress without constant charging. Varies with use and other factors. Charge time (0 100 percent): 2 hours
- Automatically and conveniently, record workouts like walks, swimming & bike rides in a snap with smart track. Stores heart rate data at 1 second intervals during exercise tracking and at 5 second intervals all other times
The Fitbit Inspire HR is ideal for tracking a variety of fitness parameters. It includes 24/7 heart rate monitoring, and it’s actually very accurate in this regard. Next, the heart rate monitor also helps this Fitbit to more accurately keep track of calories burned, resting heart rate, and heart rate zones.
Moreover, this model can also do all of the basics including step and distance tracking, active minutes, and more. The Fitbit Inspire HR can monitor sleep patterns.
What’s also impressive about this model is that it has a 5-day battery life, more than most others. When it comes to kids, the Fitbit Inspire HR is quite durable. It has a good rubber band combined with an impact-resistant screen, one that is also waterproof down to 50 meters.
This model will provide call, text, and email alerts from connected smartphones, and there is an app to connect to and upload/track progress with.
- Durable enough for kids
- Quite functional
- Lightweight and compact
- Smart connectivity
- Decent battery life
- Water resistant
- Seems to have some minor software issues
Yes, Fitbit features are important, but when it comes to a Fitbit for kids, what you are looking for is durability. Functionality is great, but also irrelevant if your kid breaks the Fitbit.