Fitness trackers are some of the most popular forms of wearable tech for those who want to take control of their health and wellness. Although they are quite common among young people, more senior citizens are beginning to welcome these devices into their daily routines.
You may be one of these individuals who’ve recently come around to the idea of using these devices for health maintenance. Yet, there are so many advantages and drawbacks that it’s hard to pick a suitable tracker.
Fortunately, you have this guide to help you out. Below you’ll find the best fitness trackers for senior citizens and additional information to consider.
Table of Contents
Medical professionals strongly suggest that seniors take part in fitness activities such as:
- Aerobics: Walking, jogging, swimming, etc.
- Strength: Weight-lifting, biking, walking on inclines, push-ups, sit-ups, squats, etc.
- Balance: Yoga, Tai chi, Bosu ball exercises, etc.
Although people over the age of 65 are the least likely to wear fitness trackers (only making up about 3.3% of Americans who use these devices), researchers advise that you integrate one into your fitness routine.
In addition to monitoring and encouraging your health’s daily improvement, these trackers also give you the agency to become a better advocate for your own health. You’ll also be much more prepared to seek proactive health care based on the data the tracker collects.
The most important features to look for in a fitness tracker for seniors include:
- Battery life: When you’re out for a long walk, you don’t want to be worried about whether your fitness tracker is on the verge of dying or not. Ideally, your fitness tracker should last a minimum of about one week. However, some models will only need a charge once per month – some, even a full year!
- User-friendliness: This aspect is measured by how easy it is to operate the device and how comfortable it is to wear and use it. A fitness tracker that is too clunky or has too many controls will not be intuitive or enjoyable to use every day.
- Durability: You’ll inevitably drop or bump your fitness tracker now and then. This shouldn’t be a big deal for high-quality products, as they should be made to stand up to such wear-and-tear.
With all those points in mind, let’s take a look at the best fitness trackers for senior citizens. While their name may not specify that they are exclusively for seniors, the features they offer will fit your needs exceptionally well.
- ☀【LIGE Newly Upgraded Bluetooth Calls Voice Chat Function】This black smartwatch offers the ability to make calls, not only by pressing numbers on the watch, but also by answering or hanging up. It reminds you at work or in your life so that you don't miss important calls. The stainless steel strap fitness watch has a 1.3 inch ultra clear full touch screen for a smooth and fluid experience, 5 levels of adjustable brightness.
- ☀【Stay Connected to Your Phone】 Connect fitness tracker with your phone, you will never miss a call and message. The gents fitness watch will vibrate to alert you if your phone receives a phone call, SMS text and SNS messages. SNS alert: Facebook, Wechat, Whatsapp, Skype, Line, Instagram, Twitter, ect.
- ☀【All Day Activity Tracking&Stopwatch】The stylish smartwatch Built-in 10 sport modes, walk, running, cycling, rock climbing, swimming, diving, table tennis, badminton, football and basketball. LIGE mens smart watch can all day track your steps, distance, calories and heart rate. With stopwatch, you can control your time and improve your exercise.
- ☀【24 Hours Health Monitoring】LIGE gents activity tracker has heart rate, blood pressure,monitor functions, always pay attention to your physical health, but the data is just used for reference. This stainless steel smart wristwatch can also measure your sleep automatically, which helps you know awake, light, and deep sleep data.
- ☀【Compatibility & Other Features】This relojes smartwatch is compatible with smart phones that use iOS 8.0 or Android OS 4.4 or above, Bluetooth range is 10m, beyond 10m Bluetooth will be disconnected,and Bluetooth 4.0 or above. And this LIGE watch also has alarm, stop watch, remote camera control, sedentary reminder, music control and weather forecast functions. (It also compatible with iPad)
This fitness tracker offers plenty of information on your daily health. While continuously tracking your steps, distance traveled, and heart rate throughout the day and night, YAMAY’s wearable tech will also monitor your calorie consumption.
This device is the perfect solution for seniors looking to integrate a healthier eating routine into their fitness habits. To minimize the hassle of watching what you eat, you can rely on your YAMAY calorie counter to do all the work for you and provide a clear picture of your current dietary patterns. You can then improve your wellness maintenance in the future based on this data.
This tracker has seven unique sport modes, all of which can be used to monitor different types of exercise and physical activity patterns. You can even set a daily workout goal to ensure you stay committed to your fitness routine each day.
Once the day is over, use the deep breathing guidance display to wind down. The watch will take over from there and monitor your sleep quality and total duration as you rest for another day.
- 7- to 10-day battery life
- Waterproof, so you can keep it on while you swim
- Compatible with iOS 8.0 and Android 4.4+ smartphones
- Design is a bit bulky
- BRAND NEW KORE ACTIVITY TRACKERS AND SMARTWATCHES - Monitor your health and track your fitness all in one place with brand new Kore Elite smart watch bands for women and men. Upgraded hardware and advanced metric tracking helps you achieve your fitness goals and kickstart a healthier you, today.
- REAL-TIME HEALTH AND FITNESS MONITORING - Our health watch tracks key health metrics like blood oxygen levels, calories burned, body temperature, stress, sleep, and heart rate, keeping you in the know about your fitness, health and wellness.
- STAY CONNECTED WITH THE KORE 2.0 ELITE SMART WATCHES FOR WOMEN AND MEN - Receive call and message alerts while you exercise and stay on track without getting distracted. Kore 2.0 Elite fit watches for women let you keep in touch with friends and family while staying on top of your fitness goals.
- PEDOMETER FOR WALKING MADE FOR EASY SETUP -Simple Bluetooth connectivity and advanced touch screen allows for straightforward access to all metrics. Kore Elite running watch is reliable and easy to use without any complicated setup. Ready to go straight from the box.
- PEDOMETER WATCH FOR IPHONE AND ANDROID - Compatible with all iOS and Android smartphones. Just download the KoreHealth App and kickstart your health journey. The step counter watch is completely wireless and can fully charge in 1.5-2 hours.
This wearable technology is designed to gather as much information on your health as possible, providing ’round-the-clock support and a fully detailed look at your individual wellness.
It functions all throughout the day and night, continuously tracking your unique circadian rhythm and heart rate.
While you’re awake and active, you can count on this fitness tracker to count your total steps for the day and the equivalent distance that you’ve moved while you were out and about. The device will also inform you of the amount of time you were up and moving, so you can make sure that you’ve reached your exercise goals for the day.
You can customize your tracker to meet your exact needs for various exercises, thanks to the 14 unique sport modes. In addition to the data points mentioned previously, the sport modes will also record your route. This is a handy feature if you want to take the same walk or jog again in the future.
Keep in touch with your fitness buddies while you’re out and about, too, by using the bonus calling, texting, and social media features.
This fitness tracker makes health maintenance and exercise so much easier, as you’ll know the precise details of your progress, whether you’re awake or asleep.
- Can last up to 7 days on one charge
- Highly customizable with 14 distinct sport modes
- Detailed data available through VeryFitPro provides in-depth insight into your health and daily activity
- Step counts are not always accurate and can be misleading
- All Day Activity Tracking: The fitness tracker automatically tracks your child's steps, distance and calories consumed. It supports multiple activity modes: running, walking, cycling, playing basketball, etc. You can set a target number of steps, a reward can be offered to the little one once they complete target.
- Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring: The kids fitness tracker can automatically monitor the child's daily real-time heart rate and track child's sleep quality at night; obtain the child's sleep trend data through the app. Learn more about your child's health and help them develop good sleep habits.
- Easy to Charge & User-friendly: Built-in USB charger, no cable is needed, easy to charge, It can be used for 7 days after charging for 2 hours (Please charge and activate for the first time use); Made of flexible, durable TPU material without any harmful substances. Slim, lightweight and comfortable to wear.
- Multi functional Kids Fitness Tracker: More fun and useful features include: pedometer, calorie counter, time display, camera control, Sedentary reminder, IP68 daily waterproof, smart notification, Alarm reminder, etc. Suitable for ages 6+ years.
- A Perfect Gift for Children: This kid fitness watch is designed for children. Encourage children to develop good exercise habits and become healthier by encouraging them to obtain virtual badges when they reach their exercise goals. It's a perfect gift idea for your child's birthday, Christmas, and any other occasion.
LETSCOM designed their fitness tracker to be a constant companion to the wearer, providing 24/7 information on the heart rate, activity times, and sleep patterns.
Whether you’re awake or asleep, this watch will continuously monitor your health to give you a fully-informed perspective on your current wellness and how you can improve.
This tracker features a unique function to alert you whenever you’re too inactive. For example, if you’ve been a couch potato all day, your fitness tracker will alert you to refresh your energy and get active for a while.
There are 14 distinct sport-tracking modes, each of which offers specialized support based on the activity you’re engaged in. The available modes include running, dancing, yoga, among many more.
With each exercise type, the tracker suggests different intensity levels to ensure you get the best results per workout. If it’s been too long since your last active session, the tracker will send calls, text, or email reminders for you to get moving again.
- Water-resistant, sweatproof, and dustproof
- Lasts for 7 days on a single charge
- Provides exercise reminders and workout intensity suggestions
- Some users have reported inaccuracy in heart rate and sleep monitoring
The YAMAY, Lintelek, and LETSCOM fitness trackers are all great examples of how wearable tech can improve your health and wellbeing in your golden years.
In a single device, you can access a wealth of information that can help you achieve your short- and long-term fitness goals, no matter your age or physical limitations.