If you are on the hunt for a fitness watch that can do it all, but won’t cost you a fortune, you have come to the right place. Let’s get right to it and help you find the best fitness watch for men of 2020.
Garmin Forerunner 35 Easy-to-Use GPS Running Watch
- Easy-to use GPS running watch tracks how far, how fast and where you run
- Estimates heart rate at the wrist, all day and night, using Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate technology
- Connected features: smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking and music controls (when paired with a compatible smartphone)
- All-day activity tracking estimates steps, calories and intensity minutes and reminds you when to move
- Automatically uploads your data to Garmin Connect, our free online fitness community where you can join challenges, receive insights and share your progress as you meet your goals
The Garmin Forerunner 35 is one of the higher quality yet affordable fitness running watches out there. This is primarily a fitness watch designed for runners, not really for all types of exercise.
The main feature is that the Forerunner 35 comes with GPS, which means that it can track where you are, when you move, and how fast you move.
This fitness watch can also monitor your heart rate through the wrist, and it does this all day, as long as you are wearing it. This model can also measure calories burned, steps taken, intensity minutes, and more, plus it will also give you reminders to move.
This watch is also smart connected, so through the Garmin app, you can upload all data to your mobile device for easy tracking and monitoring. When connected, your data automatically uploads. The Garmin Forerunner 35 is quite durable for what it is, not to mention that it’s sleek, lightweight, and quite good looking too.
- Affordable price
- Great for runners
- Tracks various fitness vectors
- Activity reminders
- Upload fitness info to the app
- Lightweight and comfortable design
- Specifically for running
- Battery life could be better
Garmin Vívoactive 3
- Garmin Pay contact less payment solution lets you pay for purchases with your watch (available for supported cards from participating banks)
- Personalize your watch with thousands of free watch faces, apps and widgets from our Connect IQ store.; Memory/History : 7 timed activities, 14 days of activity tracking data
- More than 15 pre loaded GPS and indoor sports apps, including yoga, running, swimming and more; Lens material: chemically strengthened glass, bezel material: stainless steel, case material: fiber reinforced polymer with stainless steel rear cover
- Monitor your fitness level with VO2 max and fitness made estimates, plus keep an eye on how you handle stress; Fits wrists with a circumference of 127 to 204 millimeter
- Get connected features such as smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, LiveTrack and more when paired with a compatible smartphone
If you have a bit of extra cash you can afford to spend, this high-tech Garmin Vívoactive 3 fitness watch is a good investment. One of its main features is that you can use it to make contactless payments (through your connected debit/credit cards).
Moreover, this model also serves as a normal watch, a calendar, and it can provide you with text, email, and call notifications from your connected phone.
The Garmin vívoactive 3 is highly durable, impact-resistant, and waterproof. This is a multi-sport fitness watch that can track and monitor 15 different types of exercise, and this includes swimming.
It will also keep track of time spent active, steps taken, calories burned, steps climbed, and more. In terms of the more advanced functions, it can also monitor stress levels and VO2 max as well.
This model comes with GPS, so it can also inform you of distance, pace, and speed. The battery life is better than many other smart watches, although when in GPS mode, it won’t last a full day.
- For many kinds of sport
- Waterproof – can be used for swimming
- Has GPS
- Tracks virtually any and all fitness vectors
- Smart notifications
- Contactless payment capabilities
- Durable design
- Memory features
- Contactless payments are not very secure
- Sleep tracking doesn’t work too well
Garmin Forerunner 235
- GPS Running Watch with Wrist based Heart Rate and display type is sunlight visible, transflective memory in pixel(MIP)
- Customize Your Watch and Your Training, Larger Screen a 44 percentage Larger Screen than the 225 but the Same Physical Size
- Audio Prompts Receive Audio Prompts from Your Connected Smartphone That Include Laps and Lap Times. Smartwatch Mode: Up to 9 days. GPS mode: Up to 11 hours
- Smart Notifications See Incoming Email, Text Messages, Call Alerts, Calendar Reminders and More from Your Compatible Smartphone.Display size:1.23 inch diameter
- Battery Life 11 Hours Training, 9 Days Watch, Activity Tracking, Notifications + Heart Rate. Refer user manual below
The 235 is a more advanced version of the Garmin Forerunner 35 reviewed above. It is quite similar, but also has some differences and upgrades.
Now, what needs to be said is that this model is heavier and chunkier than most others, something that might bother you. On the other hand, it has a much larger, higher quality, and brighter display than others which can easily be viewed in direct sunlight.
The Garmin Forerunner 235 can monitor your time spent running, distance traveled, pace, speed, and more, thanks to the built-in GPS functionality. Yes, this is also a wrist-based heart rate monitor that can also track steps taken, calories burned, and sleep.
This model will provide you with call, text, and email notifications from your connected phone. It is important to note that when being used as a normal watch, the battery can last for almost 2 weeks, but won’t last even a single day in GPS mode.
- High-quality display
- Comfortable band
- Fairly durable
- Great for runners
- Smart notifications
- App connectivity
- Good battery life when GPS is off
- GPS kills the battery
- A bit chunky and heavy
- Really only ideal for runners
YAMAY Fitness Tracker
- ☀【 Color Screen & IP68 Waterproof Fitness Tracker Watch 】- The color screen can give you comfortable and user-friendly display.You can wear this watch when washing your hands,go to swimming or diving without any worries
- ☀【 Activity Tracker with 14 Sports Mode 】- This fitness watch can accurately track your daily steps, distance traveled, calories burned and activity time all day automatically.It can also track up to 14 different sport modes separately to help you better know your various workout
- ☀【 Heart Rate Monitor & Sleep Tracker 】 - Adopted advanced heart rate sensor, the watch can monitor your heart rate automatically every 5 minutes throughout the day.You can see the heart rate graph in the app (including your rest/average/maximum heart rate).It also can track your sleep quality automatically during night and you can set a vibration alarm clock to wake you up without disturbing others
- ☀【 Check Call SMS SNS on Watch】- Check and read call, calendar, SMS and SNS (Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter) just on this smart watch.This functions will be very practical when you are doing workout or in busy work and can't focus on your cell phone
- ☀【Satisfied Service】- If you have any questions about this product or your order,you can contact us at anytime.We reply most buyer messages in less than 12 hours.Buy with confidence.
If you are looking for a super affordable fitness tracker that will barely make a dent in your wallet, the YAMAY Fitness Tracker is a nice option to keep in mind.
One odd thing that needs mentioning is how this model is made waterproof for swimming, yet none of the 14 different sport modes are for swimming. It’s not a deal breaker, just weird.
The watch itself has 3 sport modes, but using the connected app, you can add 11 other sport modes. The YAMAY Fitness Tracker will track all of the basics such as distance traveled, steps taken, calories burned, heart rate, and more. This model can even perform sleep tracking.
You may like the YAMAY Fitness Tracker due to its super sleek and compact design, due to its high level of durability, and because of its low price. However, the issue with this fitness tracker is accuracy — it’s just not the most accurate.
- Sleek and lightweight
- Looks elegant
- Can be used for many sports
- Decent battery life
- Great price
- Tracks all necessary fitness parameters
- No swimming mode
- Monitoring is not overly accurate
Suunto 3 Sports Watch with Wrist-Based Heart Rate
- Light, thin and durable waterproof (30 m) sports watch with 5 button color display for training and 24/ activity tracking to support a healthy lifestyle
- Long 5-day battery life with activity tracking mode on, up to 30 hours with connected GPS training mode, regular software updates
- Creates personalized training plans and has built-in sport modes for running, cycling, swimming, gym, yoga and more
- Shows your fitness level and instant heart rate and has a calorie and step counter (last 7 days)
- Includes GPS tracking via mobile phone connection and tracks also your stress and recovery as well as your sleep duration and quality
Here we have a moderately price fitness watch that comes with some rather impressive features considering its moderate price. One of the most impressive features is the battery life, which can last for up to 5 days in watch mode and up to 30 hours in GPS mode; the battery life is better than most others.
This fitness watch has built-in fitness modes for various sports including running, cycling, swimming, yoga, and more. This model can be used for swimming and yes, it’s waterproof.
This model also includes 7-day training plans, sleep monitoring, it has a recovery mode, it can monitor steps and calories, and it monitors your heart rate too. The Suunto 3 Sports Watch is also enabled to connect to your smart phone for data uploading.
- Nice display
- Many tracking modes
- Ideal for various sports
- Can connect to smartphone
- Decent durability
- Great battery life
- Accuracy is a bit questionable
The most important decision to make before purchasing any fitness watch is what you need it for. For instance, if you are a runner, any of the Garmin Forerunners would be ideal.