Are you looking to lose some fat and acquire that body that you’ve always desired? How about sparing some few minutes of your time for some vigorous training? If you love jogging, running, sprinting or walking, a treadmill will probably be the best place to start. Treadmills are arguably the most popular type of cardio fitness equipment for both home and gym use. You may have had the best intentions with your gym membership. But not all of us have the time to hit the gym or run outside due to less-than-ideal conditions, insecurity or other unavoidable circumstances.
If you’re dealing with such circumstances, this shouldn’t kill your aspiration to attain your fitness goals. The treadmill is here to assist you through this challenging task. For the desired results, you need to go for the best products in the market – a treadmill that is compact but loaded with features for workout guidance and entertainment.
Table of Contents
Best Home Treadmills for 2019
All that said, it can be a challenge to find the right treadmill. That is what this article is all about. To make the process easier, we’ve rounded up 5 of the best home treadmills the market has to offer you. We considered factors such as size, durability, folding options, features and functionality and other buying considerations. Do not buy your home treadmill before reading this.
Lifespan TR1200 –DT5 Treadmill Desk
- The tr1200-dt5 treadmill desk workstation is a combination of LifeSpan's under desk treadmill base and manual height adjustable standing desk.
- The compact and motorized running machine measures 68.5" x 28.5" (L x W) with a large desktop surface area of 38" x 29" (W x D), providing an ergonomic boost to computer and laptop work.
- High capacity and quiet 2.25 HP electric motor with a 20-by-50-inch walking surface. Portable wheels for lightweight mobility providing space saving and storable versatility.
- Console readouts include: distance traveled, calories burned, walk and run time, step count and adjustable belt speed of 0.4 to 4 MPH.
- Bluetooth capability allows you to sync your activity data to an iPhone or Android using LifeSpan's free Active Trac app to track your progress over time.
If you’re an office goer with a very tight schedule but still desire to keep your body in shape, consider the Lifespan TR1200-DT5 Treadmill Desk to assist you in your fitness tasks. The machine is equipped with lots of excellent features that you’ll appreciate. First, it comes with a 2.5 CHP motor that allows you to run up to 11 mph. Its performance is smooth and quiet, making it compatible with the home or office environment. Secondly, it is equipped with a 2 ply belt that will make it endure the test of time. It provides a 15 percent incline that allows you to adjust your workout intensity.
It comes with a console that displays vital figures on the screen, such as the number of steps you make. This machine comes with 17 programmed workouts that assist you in every step of your workout. With this, you aren’t limited to the exercise options and it provides you with the opportunity to track your progress.
- Comes in a beautiful design.
- Adjustable height.
- Its controls are easy to use.
- Incorporates the use of technology.
- Adjusting the height is tiresome.
- Its guard rails are made of plastic.
Sole Fitness F80 Folding Treadmill
If you don’t have plenty of space in your home – or your budget is tight – the Sole Fitness F80 Folding Treadmill might be just what you’re looking for. The Sole Fitness F80 Folding Treadmill comes with amazing and irresistible features that provide you with an unforgettable workout experience. You will be satisfied with its performance and can’t ask for anything better. The folding treadmill can be easily folded and stored after workouts, a feature that makes it stand out from its competitors.
The Sole Fitness F8O Treadmill’s motor is more powerful when compared to other treadmills. Its inclination range is between 0 and 15 percent whereas the speed ranges between 0.5 and 12 mph. Features that make this product a favorite to many include iPod and MP3 compatible sound system, numerous workout programs, and the heart rate monitoring option.
The F80 Treadmill is backed by a lifetime warranty on the frame, motor and deck, 5-year warranty on other parts and 2-year warranty on labor. This is a showcase of its unmatchable durability.
- It is compact in design and doesn’t occupy much space.
- Comes with a button for folding and unfolding it rather than doing it manually.
- Allows up to 375 pounds maximum weight.
- The side rails aren’t long to users’ expectations.
- Assembling instructions are hard to follow.
- It is heavy and moving it requires a lot of strength.
ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill
- 3.25 CHP Mach Z Commercial Pro Motor
- -3 to 15 percent Quick Decline/Incline Control
- FS2 Full Surface Suspension Cushioning
- IFit Live Technology Compatible
- Rated as a 'Best Buy' from a leading consumer magazine
If you’re looking for a cheap and equally functional treadmill, the ProForm Pro 2000 is the right match for you. Its cheap price tag, compact design and efficiency qualify it on our list for the best home treadmills the market has to offer you.
It comes with a powerful CHP motor which provides a maximum speed of up to 12mph. Its inclination ranges between -3 and 15 percent, which makes it great for stimulating different muscle fibers. The treadmill can be folded after workouts for ample storage and transportation. The machine is equipped with 32 inbuilt training programs which assist you in attaining your workout goals.
For added comfort, ProForm Pro 2000 is equipped with 4 shock absorbers that alleviate the running impacts on the joints. It gives you the power to track your progress and pulse rate using the contact grip heart sensor. To back its quality, ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill comes with a lifetime warranty on frame and motor, 5-year warranty on parts and 2-year warranty for labor.
- Is easily foldable for storage.
- Its motor is powerful and quiet.
- Has a high-speed limit.
- Customer services are slow.
NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill
NordicTrack is one popular brand in the fitness industry with a reputation for quality products, and the NordicTrack T 6.5 D Treadmill is one of their best products. Designers did a great job designing it as it comes with a fine and reliable design and great features which make your workout sessions the best you could ever have. The treadmill incorporates the EasyLift Assist Technology, which assists you to fold and unfold the treadmill for convenient storage.
The NordicTrack T 6.5 S comes with 20 inbuilt workout programs which have been designed by certified trainers to help in the burn of calories. Its 2.6 CHP motor operates under minimal noise and comes with a self-cooling ability. It provides a speed range of between 0.5 and 10 mph and an inclination range of 0 and 10 percent. An outstanding feature worth mentioning is the iFit monitor, which allows you to display different routes on Google maps.
- Its folding design makes it great for home use.
- Comes with heart rate monitoring sensors.
- Its cushioning system makes it comfortable to use.
- Doesn’t come with a cooling fan.
ProForm Performance 600i Treadmill
- 60-inch length gives your legs plenty of room to stretch out your stride
- 20 x 60 tread belt, proshox cushioning, space saver with easy lift assist, IPod Compatible audio
- CoolAire workout Fan, EKG grip Pulse, 325 lb Weight capacity
- This Treadmill is protected with a Lifetime frame and motor Warranty, 2-year parts Warranty and 1-Year Labor Warranty
- If it Compatible- requires if it Wireless module; sold separately; buy an if it Wireless module and receive a free one-year if it subscription
Just as its name suggests, the ProForm Performance 600i Treadmill brings to the table impeccable performance at affordable pricing. Added advantages with this treadmill are the iFit technology and sound systems. The treadmill comes with a 2.75 CHP motor that operates in total silence. It provides a speed range of 0.5- 12 mph and an inclination of up to 12 percent. Also, it comes with a ProShox cushioning system that is equipped with four shock absorbers. These release your muscles and joints from excess stress. Lastly, its warranty is as follows: lifetime on frame, 2 years on parts and 1 year on labor.
- Able to track Google Maps training routes.
- It is fast and quiet.
- Equipped with a powerful motor.
- Assembling it is very hard and might take more up to 2 hours.
2019 is the perfect year to finally set up that home gym you’ve always dreamt of, and when it comes to at-home workouts, a home treadmill is essential. One of the above treadmills is sure to fit your budget, goals and lifestyle. You no longer have to run miles across the neighborhood to get the desired body shape, all that can be achieved from the comfort of your home. The bottom line is that home treadmills are a great investment. You can work out regardless of the weather or security issues outside. Get yourself yours today!