Are you looking to shed those extra fats around your belly healthily and safely?
If you are on a keto diet, you must have probably heard about MCT oil for boosting the weight loss process. While MCT oil can be a fantastic addition to your keto diet regimen and also for your overall weight loss journey, finding one that suits you best can be tricky. But don’t worry, today we’re going to talk about everything you need to know regarding MCT oil, including our top picks for the best MCT oil.
So, shall we get started?
What Is an MCT Oil?
MCT oil, an abbreviation for medium-chain triglyceride oil, is a supplement that boosts energy and promotes fat loss. It is composed of easily digested fatty acids like caprylic acid, caproic acid, capric acid, and lauric acid that are further processed but in a different way than other dietary fats.
If you’re on keto, these fatty acids will quickly transfer to the liver from the stomach, which means your body can use more energy, so a very less amount gets converted to fat. This way, people following a keto diet can meet their fat intake goals.
Now the question is, can you get MCT oil naturally from foods? The answer is ‘yes’ as there are some good sources like coconut oil, palm kernel oil, and many dairy foods. You also can opt for the best MCT oil supplements as they are known to maximize your MCT intake.
Additionally, they also help you determine what type of fats you’re consuming. In short, MCT has been successful in proving its ability and worth with a ton of benefits. So, what are these benefits? Let’s go through a super quick rundown of some of the important health benefits of MCT oil.
Health Benefits of MCT Oil
Below are some of the potential health benefits of MCT oil:
- May potentially promote rapid weight loss by suppressing hunger
- May help in easy digestion
- May act as a good energy source
- May have antimicrobial properties
- May help in using fat for energy
- May provide you with more brainpower
- May help manage health conditions like Alzheimer’s, epilepsy, and autism
- May help manage blood sugar levels by promoting healthy metabolism
- May help manage the production of good cholesterol
- May support heart health by reducing risk factors of heart-related disease
- May fight yeast and bacterial growth
- May boost your workout as well as endurance
How to Take MCT Oils
While there are many ways to use MCT oils, some of the popular ones are:
- Blending the oil to make hot keto coffee
- Adding it to keto-friendly salad dressings
- Adding to keto protein powder smoothies and shakes
- Adding to keto dessert preparations
- Adding to various keto soups and bone broth recipes
- Simply using it as a cooking oil
Mostly, MCT oil is tasteless and odorless, so it can go well with almost every food.
What to Look for While Buying the Best MCT Oil?
Let’s learn a bit about the science here. MCTs are the healthy fats found in chains of 6, 8, 10, or 12 carbon atoms.
MCT supplements contain all four MCTs as they are made from coconut. However, one issue that you may face while using plain-old coconut oil is the digestion issue. Generally, coconut oil is known to cause diarrhea, indigestion, and other GI gut issues. Some acids, like caproic acid and lauric acid, are more difficult for the body to process.
While MCTs are very beneficial, you’re less likely to take optimum benefits if these acids trigger digestive issues. So, it’s recommended to avoid MCT oil products that are:
- Obtained from cheap palm oil
- Made from GMO (i.e., genetically modified coconuts)
- Known to create digestive side effects
Apart from avoiding these factors, it is important to ensure that the MCT oil you’re planning to buy is of high quality.
Are these details overwhelming? Are you still unsure how to find the best MCT oil on the market? Don’t worry. To make your selection process easier, here are our top picks for MCT oil products that will help you experience the best possible benefits while following a ketogenic diet.
7 Top Picks for Best MCT Oil for a Keto Diet
1. Natural Force MCT Oil
- 🥥100% PURE C8 MCT OIL FROM ORGANIC COCONUTS – Made exclusively from USDA Organic cold-pressed virgin coconut oil, Natural Force Pure C8 MCT Oil provides 14 grams of high quality C8 caprylic acid MCTs per 1 tbsp serving. With 0g sugar, 0g carbs, and only 125 calories per serving, it is the perfect source of ketogenic fats for keto and low carb coffee, smoothies, and cooking.
- 💯CONCENTRATED LIQUID MCT IN PURE GLASS BOTTLE – Natural Force Organic Pure C8 Keto MCT Oil is packaged in an infinitely recyclable, non-toxic pure glass bottle. The product label is biodegradable and printed with plant-based inks and the cap is made from infinitely recyclable food-grade aluminum.
- ✔️NON-GMO VERIFIED, KETO, PALEO, KOSHER, & VEGAN – We work with the industry’s leading 3rd party certifiers to ensure that our Organic Pure C8 Keto MCT Oil meets and exceeds their rigorous standards of quality and purity.
- 🔬CLEAN, CONCENTRATED & LAB TESTED – Every batch of Natural Force Organic Pure C8 Keto MCT Oil is produced in a cGMP certified facility and is 3rd party lab tested for heavy metals, mold, gluten, and more. And, unlike other brands, we are happy to share our test results with you!
- 🙌100% HEALTH & HAPPINESS GUARANTEED – We value our customers and want you to be healthy and happy. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, simply send us a message from your Amazon account and our world-class Customer Support team will make it right.
This oil consists of multiple MCT oils, including the pure C8 MCT oil, general as well as flavored MCT oil options. It is made from coconut oil that is non-GMO, cold-pressed, and 100% organic. Also, it does not contain palm kernel oil.
You can rest assured on the quality part as each oil batch is tested for potency, purity, gluten, heavy metals, and more by the 3rd party lab. These test results are also available publicly, so transparency is one exquisite feature that makes Natural Force different here.
Additionally, the oil comes filled in a glass bottle, making it a plastic-free option. The packaging used to ship these bottles is biodegradable and made from 100% recycled paper that prevents breakage or any type of leaks during transit.
Lastly, the Natural Force MCT oils are non-GMO verified and USDA organic and vegan, Halal, Paleo, and Kosher. Overall, a great option to consider for MCT oil.
2. Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil
- Brain Booster: Pure MCT oil provides rapid mental and physical energy; supports cognitive function and keeps you satisfied and free from food cravings
- Sugar Free Energy: Rapidly absorbed providing instant energy. Experience the power of using quality fats for fuel and keeping you focused for hours Key Product Features
- Curb Cravings: With C8 MCT oil from the best part of the coconut, you'll crave less and be more satisfied; add to your daily routine
- Burn Fat: Brain Octane MCT oil is extracted from coconut oil, not palm oil and digests more efficiently into ketone energy; Keto and Paleo friendly
- Supports Healthy Digestion: Brain Octane produces 4x the ketone energy of plain coconut oil. Promotes healthy digestion and immune function
This specific oil will assist in raising your ketones quicker than any other regular Bulletproof XCT oil. It is a pure C8 MCT oil that is sourced from 100% coconut oil. It does not contain palm kernel oil.
This dietary supplement is a brain booster that provides rapid physical and mental energy, supports cognitive functioning, and helps you stay away from food cravings. Adding it to your daily routine will surely curb your cravings as you’ll stay more satisfied. Above all, it also supports healthy digestion and immune function.
Talking about this MTC supplement brand, Bulletproof is known to sell Bulletproof coffee, tea, food products, and various types of protein and supplements.
They have an extensive product range and are known for their quality. So, considering Bulletproof brain octane oil will be a safe bet. Above all, you can choose from the various sizes available, including travel-friendly MCT oil options.
3. Onnit MCT Oil
- 100% pure premium MCT oil with lauric acid, harvested from coconuts. Onnit MCT Oil is sustainably sourced and contains no palm oil, the leading constituent in most MCT oils. Free of fillers, additives, and flavoring.
- MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) are a beneficial fat that’s easily converted into fuel in the form of ketones, one of the brain’s primary sources of energy as well as a vital source of ATP energy for the body. Onnit MCT oil is excellent for those adhering to a ketogenic diet, which utilizes fats rather than carbs for energy, a state known as ketosis. MCT oil is a perfect supplement for other low carb diets, like the Paleo diet, and for weight management support.
- Onnit MCT Oil is tasteless and odorless, making it great for smoothies, protein shakes, salad dressings, unheated sauces, and more. Not recommended for use with styrofoam or any other foam-based material.
- Great with coffee. Onnit MCT oil is a bulletproof way to turn your morning cup of Joe into a creamy, delicious source of sustained energy for the day, supporting mental focus and clarity. Organic, Non-GMO, Vegan-Friendly.
- A superior alternative to coconut oil for MCTs. Coconut oil is great, but it contains relatively small quantities of MCT’s, particularly C8 (Caprylic Acid) and C10 (Capric Acid). These two forms of MCT are especially valuable because they take fewer steps to convert to caloric energy than the other saturated fat forms found in coconut oil.
For a keto diet, the Onnit MCT oil product range is yet another great option to consider. You can choose from regular, emulsified, and savory MCT oils. The savory ones can be used in soups and salads.
Additionally, as the oil is tasteless and odorless, it is a great option for smoothies, protein shakes, unheated sauces, and much more. It is also great when paired with coffee as it provides a delicious source of sustained energy that will keep you going throughout the day.
It is vegan-friendly, non-GMO, organic, as well as dairy-free. However, it is important to note that it does not include a pure C8 MCT oil option. It does not contain palm oil and is free from fillers, flavoring, and additives. Moreover, unlike Bulletproof, you don’t have the option of different sizes as there is just one size of the bottle.
4. Sports Research MCT Oil
- Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) are a type of fat that may help your body achieve Ketosis - the process which your body burns fat for energy.
- Derived from Organic Coconuts with NO Palm Oil. Contains the full spectrum of MCTs including Lauric Acid.
- MCT Oil is odorless, tasteless and can be substituted with traditional oils. Add to protein shakes, coffee, or any other types of beverages of your choice.*
- USDA Organic, Non-GMO project Verified and 3rd party certified Keto, Paleo and Vegan Friendly.
This liquid MCT oil by Sports Research is derived from organic coconuts with no palm oil. The best part is that it contains the full spectrum of MCTs, including lauric acid, which is considered good for gut health as it comes with antibacterial properties.
You can substitute the MCT oil with other traditional oils as it is odorless as well as tasteless. The calorie content is relatively low, and you can consider adding it to various types of beverages like coffee and protein shakes.
Above all, the Sports Research brand commits to quality, and this product is no different. It is USDA organic, non-GMO project verified, and third-party certified keto, paleo, and vegan-friendly. You have the option of choosing from the two sizes available.
5. Viva Naturals Organic MCT Oil
- Your Morning Coffee Must-Have for Sustained Energy - A favorite add-in for keto coffee drinkers, a tablespoon of organic MCT-oil in your morning coffee can provide you with the much-needed energy to start your day in boss mode when you’re going low/no-carb.*
- Promotes Energy & Mental Focus On Low-Carb Diets* – Going low or no-carb can leave you feeling sluggish and dull. A daily dash of keto MCT Oil, (aka keto oil MCT) can help shake things up by supplying you with energy to help with stamina, and mental clarity.*
- MCT Oil Supports Fat-Burning Potential* – Because your body handles them a little differently than other sources of fat, MCTs (medium chain triglycerides) can help your body’s ability to burn body fat as energy.*
- Virtually Odorless & Tasteless – A nearly perfect keto MCT oil’ with barely-there flavor, even those with a refined palate can enjoy the benefits of coconut MCT Oil . Swap your usual oils for pure MCT oil in homemade salad dressings, sauces, smoothies and more.
- A Clean MCT Oil That’s Third-Party Tested For Quality – Free of fillers, outside flavors, and additives, Viva Naturals Organic MCT Oil is extracted from fresh, 100% coconut oil from organic coconuts, each batch third-party tested for quality.
As you know, MCT oil not only helps with your digestive system but also supports your nerve system, brain functions, as well as your immunity system. But, not every MCT oil available on the market is free from synthetic ingredients. So, if you’re looking for one such non-synthetic MCT oil, go with Viva Naturals Organic as it is natural, safe, and clean.
If you need sustained energy and boost, simply add this MCT oil to your morning coffee, and you’re sure to feel energetic for the rest of the day.
Additionally, if you’re strictly adhering to a low or no-carb diet, the MCT oil will help you maintain your energy levels, that too, with just a little quantity. Not to forget, it is 100% vegan-friendly and dairy-free and has all the benefits of coconut.
Like other MCT oils, even this is tasteless and odorless, so you can add it to your keto diet options like salads, smoothies, sauces, and more. Moreover, as the oil is tested by a third party for purity and safety, quality is surely not a concern. Lastly, the reports clearly state that the oil is free of additives, flavors, and fillers.
6. Rapid Fire MCT Oil
- Mixes great with coffee and shakes
- Packed with beneficial fats
- This oil is flavorless, odorless
- During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations, when provided.
If you’re in search of an MCT oil specifically to kickstart your metabolism, look no further than Rapid Fire MCT oil. This dietary supplement is loaded with wholesome, beneficial fats that will provide you energy, reduce carbs savings, and promote fat-burning.
It is obtained from coconuts, is 100% vegan, and does not involve any kind of solvents or chemicals. It is also non-GMO, dairy-free, and is very potent.
Additionally, the Rapid Fire MCT oil will support all your cognitive activities while boosting your immunity system. It is flavorless, so it can be added to any of your hot or cold beverages, as per your preference.
Overall, it promotes a healthy lifestyle by helping you improve your focus, concentration and manage your weight. So, if you wish to provide energy to your brain and body while following the keto diet, you know your pick.
7. Left Coast MCT Oil
Left Coast MCT oil is obtained from organically harvested coconuts and is one of your safest bets for quality as it is clean, safe, and effective.
If you’re using the MCT oil for the first time, it is recommended to start with a half teaspoon daily. You can then increase your dose gradually as and when you get accustomed to it.
The oil has no palm oil and C12. It contains a pure blend of C8 and C10 and is free of harsh and heavy ingredients. A third party also tests the safety and purity, so quality is not a concern.
Above all, it is vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free and is known to support your central nervous system, digestive system, as well as your overall immunity system. The fatty acids work for your brain and body by breaking down into a pure source of energy.
As said earlier, it is advisable to start slowly if you want to avoid health issues like nausea, diarrhea, or any type of stomach distress. In case you face any discomfort, it’s best to stop using it, as MCT oil can be allergic to some.
Whatever MCT oil you choose from the above list, you can expect promising outcomes with your weight loss plan. Rest assured, there won’t be any potential harm and issues as the products listed above are completely safe. So, find the best one for you and plan your keto diet to reach your weight loss goals right away.