A fitness tracker is a must-have item for people who live a sporting lifestyle. It’s similar to a smartwatch but has extended features related to sports and wellness. Since they can often be quite difficult to choose, today we will review five of the most popular smartwatch fitness trackers.
Table of Contents
Best Smartwatch Fitness Trackers: Reviews
Samsung Galaxy Watch (42mm)
This is definitely the best fitness tracker for people who want a standard-looking watch. It is an elegant and sleek fitness tracker.
The first thing that we noticed about this smartwatch is its battery life. You charge it once, and you can use it nonstop for days. Also, it comes with a wireless charger that lets you power up without slowing down.
This tracker is available in two sizes and three colors — black, silver, and rose gold. The best thing is that it’s very hard to even notice that it’s digital. It looks almost the same as any other analog watch. You can pair it with both Android and iOS phones using Bluetooth. However, you will need a Samsung S7 to set up LTE.
Besides that, it has 4GB of storage memory and 1.5GB RAM. The only downside about this watch are the potential problems with the charger when the watch doesn’t recognize it as its own. However, this happens very rarely.
- Looks exactly like an analog watch
- Great price
- An excellent 270 mAh battery
- Possible problems with the charger
Apple Watch Series 5
- Always-On Retina display
- 30% larger screen
- ECG app
This is an ideal watch for all who like a digital yet minimal design. If you own an iPhone, be sure to check out this fitness tracker.
As you might notice, this fitness tracker has a rather large display compared to most similar devices. Everything looks clean, and it’s simple to use while doing any sports activity. Apple also sells a package that includes an AppleCare+ Bundle with the watch, which is a great deal.
The watch comes with a built-in GPS, compass, electrical and optical heart sensors, and it is waterproof. It’s ideal for using while swimming to track your performance. Plus, it can track your menstrual cycle and has interesting “activity rings” that motivate you to move, exercise, and stand. All in all, this is an excellent choice for people who aim for the best fitness performance.
However, the battery is a bit tricky. Even if you don’t use it too much, the average battery life is around 12 hours. Most users feel like this could be better.
- Nice, modern design
- Various built-in features for achieving your fitness goals
- A short battery life
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2
- Better insights to reach your fitness goals get more out of every mile thanks to built-in pace coaching on the Galaxy Watch Active2 Its advanced sensors keep your pace to help you better achieve your run goals, Sensor: Accelerometer, Gyro, Barometer, HRM, Ambient Light
- Comfortably sleek the Galaxy Watch Active2 is light enough to wear anywhere comfortably; It comes in aluminum or stainless steel and with a variety of faces bands and finishes so it goes with anything
- Keep your beat you can see if your heart rate is where you want it with Galaxy Watch Active2 Get automatically alerted if your watch detects a high or a low heart rate (4) this device and related software are not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions or in the cure Mitigation treatment or prevention of disease
- Level up your downtime Galaxy Watch active2’s built-in sleep tracker offers valuable insights on how to get a better night’s sleep. It also monitors your stress level and helps you recently with the integrated calm app (4) this device and related software are not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions or in the cure, mitigation treatment or prevention of disease
A great choice for people who like simplicity combined with top quality and perfection. No matter what you wear, this watch will fit just perfectly.
The first thing that we noticed about this watch is the depth of fitness insights that it provides. It helps you reach your goals by getting more out of every mile thanks to its built-in coaching. Also, it has unique, advanced sensors that keep track of your pace and help you achieve better running results.
Besides that, it’s comfortably sleek and is light enough to wear anywhere. Samsung sells it in aluminum and stainless steel variants, and there are also a variety of bands and finishes that you can choose from.
The watch also has a built-in sleep tracker to help you get a better night’s sleep and provide better results while well-rested. With the integrated Calm App, it will also monitor your stress level. Another great thing is its battery, which is definitely built for endurance. After a single charge, you will be able to use it for at least 5 days.
Plus, you can always get a quick boost from a wireless power share. However, you will need a compatible Galaxy phone for that. The only thing that we noticed on the downside is that the heart sensor might not work if you have full-sleeve tattoos.
- More features than most similar fitness trackers
- Long-lasting battery
- Can be charged with wireless power share
- Full-sleeve tattoos might interfere with the heart sensor
Fitbit Versa 2
- Use amazon Alexa built in to get quick news and information, check the weather, set timers and alarms, control your smart home devices and more all through the sound of your voice (third party app may be required; amazon Alexa not available in all countries)
- Based on your heart rate, time asleep and restlessness, sleep score helps you better understand your sleep quality each night. Also track your time in light, deep and REM sleep stages and get personal insights
- Control your Spotify app, download Pandora stations and add Deezer playlists�plus store and play 300+ songs on your wrist (subscription required; Pandora is us only)
- With a larger display and an always on option, your information�s always a quick glance away (always on display requires more frequent charging)
- Track heart rate 24/ 7, steps, distance, calories burned, hourly activity, active minutes and floors climbed
This is a handy fitness tracker if you are on a budget. If you want to get a decent-quality product and still not pay too much, this is your best choice.
Besides all the fitness-related features, the Fitbit Versa 2 also comes with built-in Amazon Alexa. It allows you to get quick news and information about the weather, set your own timers, or control smart home appliances. It has a built-in Sleep Score app that helps you track your sleeping schedule and improve sleep quality.
A great thing is that it constantly tracks your heart rate, steps, and floors climbed. It can also control your Spotify app or play Pandora stations. The only thing that we didn’t like about this watch is that the pulse feature might not always be 100% precise. Otherwise, it’s a very good fitness tracker.
- Not expensive
- Excellent and very useful Sleep Score app
- Pulse feature could be a little bit better
Apple Watch Series 4
- Over 30% larger display
- Electrical and optical heart sensors
- ECG app
- Digital Crown with haptic feedback
This one is similar to the Apple Watch we previously reviewed, but it is a bit easier on the budget. Although it’s the previous generation, it’s still excellent.
With a 30% larger display and extremely precise heart sensor, this is a great fitness tracker for all iOS owners.
The speaker is loud, and it has a fast 64-bit dual-core processor. This means that it will work perfectly and smoothly for a long time. However, it might happen that you get a bad battery that will work for less than a full day. In that case, ask for a replacement immediately.
- Modern, nice-looking watch
- Speaker is clear and loud
- Possible battery issues
If you are looking for a way to improve your fitness level, any of these watches will help you significantly. Not only that, but they are also very useful for a classic, everyday routine. You can’t go wrong by buying any of them.