How to lose fat pad isn’t easy, considering this type of fat is very stubborn and spot training doesn’t exactly work the way most people think it does. The fat pad refers to the fat located on the lower abs. This fat never seems to want to go away and it tends to remain behind even if you’re going at your ab workouts on a daily basis. Women are the most likely to deal with this stubborn fat, especially after having a baby. So what can you do to get rid of this fatty area? Is it even possible?
Let’s find out.
Key Takeaway: While it’s true that spot training isn’t effective, once you lose weight it is possible to perform spot training exercises that can build up muscle tissue in a specific area, even though doing so will not get rid of fat. Fortunately, through proper diet and exercise it is totally possible to get rid of this stubborn fat, however, doing so often requires a combination of strength training and cardio exercises.
Two Types of Fat
As we mentioned earlier, losing weight, or fat, from a specific spot, just isn’t possible. When we do cardio workouts, and spot training the result is a loss of fat from all over the body, not just a specific area. When you work a certain muscle group at the gym, such as the chest, the goal isn’t to reduce fat in the area but to build up this specific muscle group. Many people mistakenly believe that spot training allows you to lose fat in a specific area, when in fact, it’s about building up the muscle tissue.
If you’re struggling to lose weight in your lower abs, you’re not alone. Many men and women struggle with this problem area, but why?
There are a couple of types of fat: subcutaneous and visceral. Visceral fat is the type you’ll find in the abdominal area. This type of fat wraps itself around major organs and is often what’s responsible for love handles and the pear or apple shape that can leave the body looking disproportionate. Unlike subcutaneous fat, visceral fat can cause major health issues including cardiovascular disease or type two diabetes. Fortunately, with the right diet and exercise, it’s totally possible to get rid of this fat for good.
Get that Heart Rate Up
Personal trainers and medical professionals alike recommend thirty minutes of cardio exercise three to four times a week. This type of workout can help burn calories, melt fat, and can help you control your weight more effectively compared to other types of workouts.
Research has shown that individuals with a higher fat percentage in their abdominal area, meaning those with more visceral fat, will need to increase their daily amount of cardio exercise to sixty minutes three to four times a week. This should give you an idea of how difficult it can be to lose fat in this area.
Building Up Muscle
Other studies have shown that a combination of strength training exercises combined with cardio three to four times a week significantly increased weight loss results. Strength training works to build up muscle mass. As you probably know, the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn. In fact, a morning weight-lifting session can have your body burning calories up to twenty-four hours after your workout, which is pretty impressive.
High-intensity interval training combines weight lifting and cardio exercises that can easily throw the body into fat burning mode. This type of workout involves two to three minutes of intense, fast-paced exercise such as running in place or lunges with weights, followed by one to two minutes of low impact exercise, such as walking or jogging in place. Research has found that a thirty minute HIIT workout can have more of an impact on weight loss than a sixty-minute cardio workout.
This type of workout is perfect if you don’t have much time to work out or you’re looking for a more effective workout, especially if you’re currently going through a weight loss plateau. Keep in mind, this type of intense workout isn’t recommended for people with heart issues or other serious health conditions. If you’re not sure whether HIIT is right for you, consult with your doctor prior to starting this type of exercise routine.
How to Stay Motivated
If it has been years since you’ve hit the gym, or you’ve never really worked out before, then it can be difficult to find the motivation to do so, especially during the first month. The Ticwatch S is a fitness tracker allows you to download a variety of apps for workouts, sleep monitoring, caloric intake and more. This watch is designed to help you stay on track while motivating you along the way. It also works as a personal assistant, sends you reminders, text and call notifications, and much more.
To learn more about this best-selling fitness tracker, click here to read our buyer’s guide.
Change Your Dietary Habits
Do you struggle to eat healthy when you’re not at home? At the end of the day, are you too tired to whip up a healthy meal, so you usually rely on fast food or processed foods? Making serious changes to your diet is crucial if you want to lose pad fat. Many nutritionists believe that the abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. However, both exercise and dietary changes will have the biggest impact on weight loss results and a healthier, stronger body.
If you don’t have time to cook daily, come up with clean eating lunch ideas, prepare these meals on a prep day and pop them in the freezer and fridge for the week. This way, you won’t struggle to find a healthy meal alternative when you’re at the office, just grab a container of prepared food before you head out the door. You can also meal prep for every meal cooking up a large batch of food for both your lunch and dinner and another batch for your morning meals for the week. Meal prepping is the key to sticking to a healthier diet.
If you’re starving and there isn’t anything already prepared, stopping for fast food on the way home is just too tempting. By meal prepping for the weeks and following a diet that’s rich in whole grains, lean meats, and fresh fruits and veggies, you’ll have more energy, you’ll lose weight, and you’ll feel and look better.
Sure, how to lose fat pad isn’t easy, but if you’re committed to losing weight and make these important lifestyle changes you can start losing two to five pounds a week. You’ll even notice major results like the loss of stubborn abdominal fat in as little as one month.
- Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring: Tracks real-time heart rate automatically & continuously and automatically tracks your sleep duration & consistency with comprehensive analysis of sleep quality data, helping you adjust yourself for a healthier lifestyle
- All-day Activity Tracking: Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and sleep status
- Multi-Sport Modes & Connected GPS: 14 exercise modes help you better understand specific activity data; Connect the GPS on your cellphone can show run stats like pace and distance and record a map of your workout route
- See Calls & Messages on Your Wrist: Receive call, calendar, SMS and SNS (Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter) notifications on display; never miss the messages that matter
- Built-in USB Plug: Easy to charge with any USB block and computer; no charging cable and dock needed; one single charge gives you up to 7 days of working time
- Maring, Therese Kauchak (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 112 Pages - 02/19/2018 (Publication Date) - American Girl (Publisher)
- ⌚【Smart Watch Function】Activity tracker (pedometer, calories, distance), heart rate monitor, female menstrual period calculation, 18 exercise modes, sleep monitoring; call, SMS and APP message notification, music and camera remote control, weather Forecast, sedentary reminder, alarm clock, stopwatch, lookup call, reject call, brightness adjustment, power saving mode and other functions can meet your daily needs.
- ⌚【Lightweight Personalized Dial】Smartwatch is equipped with a 1.3-inch high-definition full touch display, built-in GPS (no need to connect to a mobile phone), activity tracker (calorie consumption, exercise distance and time, etc.). ). Heart rate monitor, 18 exercise modes, sleep monitor, music control, weather forecast, sedentary reminder, find call, reject call, remote camera and other functions can meet your daily needs.
- ⌚【Message Smart Reminder】By connecting the smart watch with the smart phone, your information can be displayed on the smart watch simultaneously, such as incoming calls, text messages, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Instagram, Line, SKype, Gmail, etc. No matter where you are, you can easily view messages and hang up. Not only can it help us keep up-to-date with the outside world, you will not miss any important notifications. Personal assistant for your work and life.
- ⌚【Heart Rate and Sleep Monitor】During daily activities and rest periods, high-performance motion sensors can monitor heart rate, sleep state (deep sleep, shallow sleep, waking sleep), automatically detect heart rate and provide comprehensive sleep quality analysis to help you Create a healthier lifestyle. You can view the summary of statistics in the app.
- ⌚【IPX67 Waterproof Smart Watch with Durable Battery】This fitness activity tracker sports watch has IPX67 waterproof function and can be worn while bathing or swimming. After-sales service ensures that you can use it for a long time. If you have any questions about Smartwatch, please contact us. Respond quickly within 24 hours and solve all problems for you.
- 【Never Fall / 2 in 1 fitness massage】The upgraded smart hoop is easier to use and will not fall, even beginners can use it. 72 sets of wavy bumps and 360-degree shock-absorbing massage rings allow you to exercise comfortably and relieve the labor pain of the lower back after sitting for a long time. Fat burning speed is 2-3 times faster than normal Fitness hoop.
- 【Adjustable Exercise Intensity】Made of hard ABS plastic to prevent equipment aging.And different from the ordinary smart hoop, the user can change the number of weight-bearing blocks in the weight ball according to their own bearing capacity, and thus change their exercise intensity (1 to 4 weight-bearing blocks can be placed, each about 60g). At the same time, the intensity of exercise can be changed by adjusting the length of the rope.
- 【Detachable Design】Consisting of 24 detachable parts, diameter 120cm / 47.24inch, detachable with a simple push of a button. you can choose your own smart fitness hoop according to your waistline. The weighted hoop for exercise can be adjusted to 16(suit for 80cm / 31.49 inch) to 24(120cm / 47.24 inch) sections according to the waist which fits all sizes and shapes. The sections are easily detached, making it easy to store. The package includes 24 detachable sections
- 【Convenient to Use & Obvious Effect】: Our fitness hoop is easier to use than the traditional one, even beginners can learn it quickly, and it will not drop. We recommend that you exercise for 30 minutes a day for 5 days; you can burn up to 800 calories each time!（It is recommended to work and rest regularly during the fat reduction period, and a reasonable diet is more effective
- 【Applicable people and attentions】Almost suitable for all adults and kids but not the elderly or baby. Before exercising, ensure the hoola linking done and wear the close-fitting clothes; When exercising, pay attention to the swing range of the weight ball to avoid touching others or the furnitures. At the same time, it should not be too heavy when it is used for the first time. You can contact us because we are always here.