How to lose fat pad isn’t easy, considering this type of fat is very stubborn and spot training doesn’t exactly work the way most people think it does. The fat pad refers to the fat located on the lower abs. This fat never seems to want to go away and it tends to remain behind even if you’re going at your ab workouts on a daily basis. Women are the most likely to deal with this stubborn fat, especially after having a baby. So what can you do to get rid of this fatty area? Is it even possible?
Let’s find out.
Key Takeaway: While it’s true that spot training isn’t effective, once you lose weight it is possible to perform spot training exercises that can build up muscle tissue in a specific area, even though doing so will not get rid of fat. Fortunately, through proper diet and exercise it is totally possible to get rid of this stubborn fat, however, doing so often requires a combination of strength training and cardio exercises.
Two Types of Fat
As we mentioned earlier, losing weight, or fat, from a specific spot, just isn’t possible. When we do cardio workouts, and spot training the result is a loss of fat from all over the body, not just a specific area. When you work a certain muscle group at the gym, such as the chest, the goal isn’t to reduce fat in the area but to build up this specific muscle group. Many people mistakenly believe that spot training allows you to lose fat in a specific area, when in fact, it’s about building up the muscle tissue.
If you’re struggling to lose weight in your lower abs, you’re not alone. Many men and women struggle with this problem area, but why?
There are a couple of types of fat: subcutaneous and visceral. Visceral fat is the type you’ll find in the abdominal area. This type of fat wraps itself around major organs and is often what’s responsible for love handles and the pear or apple shape that can leave the body looking disproportionate. Unlike subcutaneous fat, visceral fat can cause major health issues including cardiovascular disease or type two diabetes. Fortunately, with the right diet and exercise, it’s totally possible to get rid of this fat for good.
Get that Heart Rate Up
Personal trainers and medical professionals alike recommend thirty minutes of cardio exercise three to four times a week. This type of workout can help burn calories, melt fat, and can help you control your weight more effectively compared to other types of workouts.
Research has shown that individuals with a higher fat percentage in their abdominal area, meaning those with more visceral fat, will need to increase their daily amount of cardio exercise to sixty minutes three to four times a week. This should give you an idea of how difficult it can be to lose fat in this area.
Building Up Muscle
Other studies have shown that a combination of strength training exercises combined with cardio three to four times a week significantly increased weight loss results. Strength training works to build up muscle mass. As you probably know, the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn. In fact, a morning weight-lifting session can have your body burning calories up to twenty-four hours after your workout, which is pretty impressive.
High-intensity interval training combines weight lifting and cardio exercises that can easily throw the body into fat burning mode. This type of workout involves two to three minutes of intense, fast-paced exercise such as running in place or lunges with weights, followed by one to two minutes of low impact exercise, such as walking or jogging in place. Research has found that a thirty minute HIIT workout can have more of an impact on weight loss than a sixty-minute cardio workout.
This type of workout is perfect if you don’t have much time to work out or you’re looking for a more effective workout, especially if you’re currently going through a weight loss plateau. Keep in mind, this type of intense workout isn’t recommended for people with heart issues or other serious health conditions. If you’re not sure whether HIIT is right for you, consult with your doctor prior to starting this type of exercise routine.
How to Stay Motivated
If it has been years since you’ve hit the gym, or you’ve never really worked out before, then it can be difficult to find the motivation to do so, especially during the first month. The Ticwatch S is a fitness tracker allows you to download a variety of apps for workouts, sleep monitoring, caloric intake and more. This watch is designed to help you stay on track while motivating you along the way. It also works as a personal assistant, sends you reminders, text and call notifications, and much more.
To learn more about this best-selling fitness tracker, click here to read our buyer’s guide.
Change Your Dietary Habits
Do you struggle to eat healthy when you’re not at home? At the end of the day, are you too tired to whip up a healthy meal, so you usually rely on fast food or processed foods? Making serious changes to your diet is crucial if you want to lose pad fat. Many nutritionists believe that the abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. However, both exercise and dietary changes will have the biggest impact on weight loss results and a healthier, stronger body.
If you don’t have time to cook daily, come up with clean eating lunch ideas, prepare these meals on a prep day and pop them in the freezer and fridge for the week. This way, you won’t struggle to find a healthy meal alternative when you’re at the office, just grab a container of prepared food before you head out the door. You can also meal prep for every meal cooking up a large batch of food for both your lunch and dinner and another batch for your morning meals for the week. Meal prepping is the key to sticking to a healthier diet.
If you’re starving and there isn’t anything already prepared, stopping for fast food on the way home is just too tempting. By meal prepping for the weeks and following a diet that’s rich in whole grains, lean meats, and fresh fruits and veggies, you’ll have more energy, you’ll lose weight, and you’ll feel and look better.
Sure, how to lose fat pad isn’t easy, but if you’re committed to losing weight and make these important lifestyle changes you can start losing two to five pounds a week. You’ll even notice major results like the loss of stubborn abdominal fat in as little as one month.
- Smart Tape Measure. If you want your body measurements progress showing for graphing over time, this is the best Smart Body Measuring Tape for you; complete with fully integrated Renpho App connectivity. Syncs with Apple Health.
- Easy to Read. Reading the small numbers and lines on a traditional measuring tool is difficult and may lead to inaccuracy. Our large LCD screen and instant measurement saving via the App allows you to skip the hassle and avoid any error! Perfect for personal professional trainers work out use.
- Multifunctional. Whether you are a fitness enthusiast, gaining more muscle, slimming down, or even an expecting mother-to-be... it has never been easier to track your body change trends.
- Retractable Easy-Lock Hook. With this innovative Smart Measuring Tape, you no longer require others for help while measuring. Our Easy-Lock design allows you to measure your body circumference quickly on your own.
- Perfect Gifts. Friendly and useful App. Come join us on the journey to Smart, Healthy Living, and Fitness. The account of Renpho app is available for logging in to the Renpho Health app and the data will be synchronized. (Note: The data of Renpho Health app cannot be synchronized to the Renpho app)
- This Certified Refurbished product has been tested and certified to work and look like new, with minimal to no signs of wear, by a manufacturer or specialized third-party seller approved by Amazon. The product comes with generic cable and charger and is backed by a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic brown or white box with generic accessories
- Altimeter, barometer & 3-axis compass with automatic sensor calibration
- Up to 1,000 waypoints & stores up to 10,000 track points
- TracBack reverses the track log to navigate back to starting point
- Wireless capability to share routes, tracks & waypoints with other devices
- 【Comprehensive Health Metrics Monitoring】 This slim, easy-to-use fitness tracker packs heart rate, blood pressure, blood oxygen, and body temperaure monitoring.You could check those real-time health metrics anytime, anywhere conveniently on your wrist and check all-day data record in APP DayBand. With app DayBand, you could turn on continous 24/7 heart rate tracking, and fixed time blood oxygen and body temperature tracking. Providing you complete information to help you manage your well-being.
- 【Intelligent Sleep Monitoring and Analysis】Get a better understanding of your sleep quality each night with graphs in APP that record your fall asleep and awake time, duration of light sleep and deep sleep. The fitness watch analysis your sleep data and provide you suggestions to help you improving your sleep habits. You could set silent alarms that wake you up by buzzing on your wrist in without disturbing others.You could also view your daily, weekly and monthly sleep data in the DayBand APP.
- 【All-day Activity Tracking and Multiple Sports Modes】Bestinn activity & fitness trackers track all day’s activity including steps, distance and calories burned to help you achieve your fitness goals more efficiently. Besides, it could tracks 5 specific sports mode such as runinng, cycling and skipping for real-time heart rate, steps, distance, calories burned, time of duration. You could get a map of your workout route and pace in app during outdoor activity by connecting to your phone gps.
- 【Real-time Calls and Messages Notification】Receiving a buzzing notification on your wrist for incoming calls, text and app messages including Facebook,Twitter, WhatsApp, Messenger and more. For inconing calls, you coulld check the caller’s name or phone number on the smart watch to decide whether you need to reach out for your phone to answer the call or not. For text and app messages, except for a buzzing notification, you could also read the whole messages on your watch directly.
- 【Your Convenient Life Assistant】The versatile design of the fitness trackers for women and men provide you more features including real-time whether display, sedentary reminder, remote camerall shooting, and finding phone, making it a convenient assitant in your life. It’s hd color screen comes with 3 different home screen style options, 12-hour or 24-hour time display format options, and ℃ or℉ temperrature dispaly options, set one style that fits your routines mostly.
- 【24H Accurate Health Monitoring】Measure your Heart Rate, Blood Oxygen, Stress with this smart watch. Understand your physical state, especially for high-intensity or outdoor work such as high temperature, brainstorming, stay-up and get professional analysis on how to relax in a healthier and better way. AEAC smart watch also analyzes sleep quality and score your sleep quality to help you adjust your sleep habits
- 【14 Sports Modes & Fitness Tracker】AEAC Fitness Tracker supports 14 sports such as walking, running, mountaineering, swimming, yoga, hiking, cycling, treadmill, etc . Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, miles walked, active minutes and give professional analysis on improving your sports and daily habit
- 【Smart Life Partner with You】Check daily workout clearly on a 1.69'' HD bright color display. Create customized fitness schedules and goals, Get vibration alerts for all notifications, including phone calls, texts, and social media app alerts. Never miss a message with smart notifications delivered right to your wrist. You also can check real-time weather and change your music on the smartwatch
- 【14 Day Battery Life＆ 5ATM Waterproof】Fully charge for 2 hours, support 14 days standby time. Large capacity and low power consumption design offers longer endurance. AEAC fitness watch is designed with 5ATM waterproof, you can wear it when washing hands, in the rain and swimming
- 【1-Year Warranty Promised & Wide Compatibility】Compatible with iPhone, Samsung etc., built-in BLE5.0 and 300mAh lithium-ion battery. Our free APP "VeryFit" supports iOS 9.0 / Android 6.0 or above smartphones. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us with any problem