How to lose fat pad isn’t easy, considering this type of fat is very stubborn and spot training doesn’t exactly work the way most people think it does. The fat pad refers to the fat located on the lower abs. This fat never seems to want to go away and it tends to remain behind even if you’re going at your ab workouts on a daily basis. Women are the most likely to deal with this stubborn fat, especially after having a baby. So what can you do to get rid of this fatty area? Is it even possible?
Let’s find out.
Key Takeaway: While it’s true that spot training isn’t effective, once you lose weight it is possible to perform spot training exercises that can build up muscle tissue in a specific area, even though doing so will not get rid of fat. Fortunately, through proper diet and exercise it is totally possible to get rid of this stubborn fat, however, doing so often requires a combination of strength training and cardio exercises.
Two Types of Fat
As we mentioned earlier, losing weight, or fat, from a specific spot, just isn’t possible. When we do cardio workouts, and spot training the result is a loss of fat from all over the body, not just a specific area. When you work a certain muscle group at the gym, such as the chest, the goal isn’t to reduce fat in the area but to build up this specific muscle group. Many people mistakenly believe that spot training allows you to lose fat in a specific area, when in fact, it’s about building up the muscle tissue.
If you’re struggling to lose weight in your lower abs, you’re not alone. Many men and women struggle with this problem area, but why?
There are a couple of types of fat: subcutaneous and visceral. Visceral fat is the type you’ll find in the abdominal area. This type of fat wraps itself around major organs and is often what’s responsible for love handles and the pear or apple shape that can leave the body looking disproportionate. Unlike subcutaneous fat, visceral fat can cause major health issues including cardiovascular disease or type two diabetes. Fortunately, with the right diet and exercise, it’s totally possible to get rid of this fat for good.
Get that Heart Rate Up
Personal trainers and medical professionals alike recommend thirty minutes of cardio exercise three to four times a week. This type of workout can help burn calories, melt fat, and can help you control your weight more effectively compared to other types of workouts.
Research has shown that individuals with a higher fat percentage in their abdominal area, meaning those with more visceral fat, will need to increase their daily amount of cardio exercise to sixty minutes three to four times a week. This should give you an idea of how difficult it can be to lose fat in this area.
Building Up Muscle
Other studies have shown that a combination of strength training exercises combined with cardio three to four times a week significantly increased weight loss results. Strength training works to build up muscle mass. As you probably know, the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn. In fact, a morning weight-lifting session can have your body burning calories up to twenty-four hours after your workout, which is pretty impressive.
High-intensity interval training combines weight lifting and cardio exercises that can easily throw the body into fat burning mode. This type of workout involves two to three minutes of intense, fast-paced exercise such as running in place or lunges with weights, followed by one to two minutes of low impact exercise, such as walking or jogging in place. Research has found that a thirty minute HIIT workout can have more of an impact on weight loss than a sixty-minute cardio workout.
This type of workout is perfect if you don’t have much time to work out or you’re looking for a more effective workout, especially if you’re currently going through a weight loss plateau. Keep in mind, this type of intense workout isn’t recommended for people with heart issues or other serious health conditions. If you’re not sure whether HIIT is right for you, consult with your doctor prior to starting this type of exercise routine.
How to Stay Motivated
If it has been years since you’ve hit the gym, or you’ve never really worked out before, then it can be difficult to find the motivation to do so, especially during the first month. The Ticwatch S is a fitness tracker allows you to download a variety of apps for workouts, sleep monitoring, caloric intake and more. This watch is designed to help you stay on track while motivating you along the way. It also works as a personal assistant, sends you reminders, text and call notifications, and much more.
To learn more about this best-selling fitness tracker, click here to read our buyer’s guide.
Change Your Dietary Habits
Do you struggle to eat healthy when you’re not at home? At the end of the day, are you too tired to whip up a healthy meal, so you usually rely on fast food or processed foods? Making serious changes to your diet is crucial if you want to lose pad fat. Many nutritionists believe that the abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. However, both exercise and dietary changes will have the biggest impact on weight loss results and a healthier, stronger body.
If you don’t have time to cook daily, come up with clean eating lunch ideas, prepare these meals on a prep day and pop them in the freezer and fridge for the week. This way, you won’t struggle to find a healthy meal alternative when you’re at the office, just grab a container of prepared food before you head out the door. You can also meal prep for every meal cooking up a large batch of food for both your lunch and dinner and another batch for your morning meals for the week. Meal prepping is the key to sticking to a healthier diet.
If you’re starving and there isn’t anything already prepared, stopping for fast food on the way home is just too tempting. By meal prepping for the weeks and following a diet that’s rich in whole grains, lean meats, and fresh fruits and veggies, you’ll have more energy, you’ll lose weight, and you’ll feel and look better.
Sure, how to lose fat pad isn’t easy, but if you’re committed to losing weight and make these important lifestyle changes you can start losing two to five pounds a week. You’ll even notice major results like the loss of stubborn abdominal fat in as little as one month.
- 【Muscle Toner】 This muscle toner adopts EMS(Electrical Muscle Stimulation) technology to make a rhythm and safe impulse on body, which can help gaining tighter muscle and achieving perfect figure by consecutive using.
- 【Long Working Time & Power】 Compared to battery-powered abs stimulator, the USB charging one can offer more stability and more power.
- 【Sticky Gel Pad】 It is made of LATEX-free Polymer Gel, comfortable & safe to use, suitable for most skins. It can stick tightly on skin and comes with another set of gel pads.
- 【Comfortable & Safe to use】 Designed with ergonomics targeting abdominal muscle exercise and just put it in your gym, office, fitness anywhere/anytime that you want.
- 【Effect after Using】This abs stimulator is USB CHARGER, saving time and energy. It defaults to work 20 minutes and automatically power off after no operation. This abs belt can help to get a perfect figure after 8 weeks consecutive use for 12 minutes per day, 2-4 times per day every day. Each 12 minute using equals to 30 minutes sit-ups or 2 weeks of diet.
- Strengthen & Tone Muscle - This abs toner makes a rhythm and safe impulse on body, which can help gaining tighter muscle and achieving perfect figure by consecutive using.
- Multiple Modes & Intensity Levels - There are 6 modes and 10 intensities available to help muscle growing and fat burning. To avoid sudden stimulation, you may start with a warm-up mode at a gentle intensity level and then select a proper mode.
- COMPACT & PORTABLE - Designed with highly compact and flexible composite material, makes the device light and thin, perfect for human body. No matter in the gym, make it ideal for muscle training at home, at work or when exercising outdoors, or even durin
- Noticeable Result after Consistent Use - This Muscle Toner is designed for abdominal /arm /leg /hip /waist muscle training with 20 minutes per time, 1-2 times per day for 6+ weeks. 20-minute using equals to 30 minutes Sit-ups, 2000M Running.
- Satisfactory service -- 100% FDA Approved. We approval 12 months . If there is a problem with the product, contact us, we offer a 24-hour service, we offer 100% refund or free replacement.
- Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring: Tracks real-time heart rate automatically & continuously and automatically tracks your sleep duration & consistency with comprehensive analysis of sleep quality data, helping you adjust yourself for a healthier lifestyle
- All-day Activity Tracking: Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and sleep status
- Multi-Sport Modes & Connected GPS: 14 exercise modes help you better understand specific activity data; Connect the GPS on your cellphone can show run stats like pace and distance and record a map of your workout route
- See Calls & Messages on Your Wrist: Receive call, calendar, SMS and SNS (Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter) notifications on display; never miss the messages that matter
- Built-in USB Plug: Easy to charge with any USB block and computer; no charging cable and dock needed; one single charge gives you up to 7 days of working time
- All-day Activity Tracking: Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, miles walked, active minutes, sleep status and more. Stay motivated all day!
- See Calls & Messages on Your Wrist: With a High-end Mobile Phone LCD Screen, the screen intensity is brighter! Receive call, calendar, SMS and SNS (Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter) notifications on display; Vibrates to notify you of incoming calls and messages; reminds you to move after periods of inactivity and important dates, helping you stay connected, never miss the messages that matter.
- Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring: Built-in the Advanced Nordic 51832 Chip of Updated 2019 Version, minimum size, lowest power consumption, highest integration. Data full accuracy and battery life is longer! Tracks real-time heart rate automatically & continuously and automatically tracks your sleep duration & consistency with comprehensive analysis of sleep quality data, helping you adjust yourself for a healthier lifestyle. Takes only 1-2 hours to fully charge and lasts up to 7-15 days standby.
- Multi-Sport Modes & Connected GPS: 14 exercise modes help you better understand specific activity data; Connect the GPS on your cellphone can show run stats like pace and distance and record a map of your workout route. Everything you need in a tiny tracker, heart rate monitor, step counter, stopwatch, reminder, calories counter, sleep monitor, supports 14 sports modes: Walk, Run, Spinning, Cycling, Dance, Climbing, Hike, Treadmill, Workout, Tennis, Yoga, Basketball, Football, Badminton.
- LIFETIME MONEY BACK! 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - SkyGrand is your best choice. Our products are rigorously tested and made with love because we believe that you deserve the best. We remove all risk. You have absolutely no need to worry about getting a dud product as we promise to return your money if you are not happy with your purchase.
- Multi-Function: This smart watch supports many functions: Dial, Message, Bluetooth, Remote Cameras, Alarm Clock, Step Counting, Sleep Monitor, Sedentary Reminder, Anti-lost, Music play recorder, Calendar, Calculator, Apps as Twitter and Facebook(need extra SIM card), App sync(for Android only) and so on.
- Synchro Function: Just scan QR code or download the APP, install and use the sync software, then you can read SMS, view and reply text messages directly using the watch. The time and date, phone book, phone calling, musics playing and so on will be automatically synchronized.(APP does not support iPhone).
- SIM Card and Bluetooth Modes: With one GSM 2G/2.5G Network SIM Card, the smart watch can be used as an independent phone, allowing to call directly, answer and dial-up, send & reply messages, record & save data for texts, calls, emails, and social apps updates. Without SIM card, the bluetooth smart watch can be connected to phone via bluetooth to achieve many functions. Besides, even without bluetooth connection, the smart watch is also able to achieve some basic functions like Remote Cameras,
- Super Compatibility: This Bluetooth watch can support most Android and iOS phones, such as iOS X/8/8 plus/7/7 plus/6/6 plus/6s/6s plus/5/5s (Only some functions are supported), Galaxy S9, S9 Plus, S8, S8 Plus, S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, S5, Note 8, 5, 4, Google Pixel/Pixel XL, HTC, Sony, HUAWEI, ZTE etc. smart phones.
- Smart Gift for Family & Friends: This is a new upgraded smart watch with many functions, easy to use. Being used as a fitness tracker, it is suitable to any age parents, husband, wife, teenagers, families, and friends. We will offer you free return within 90 days, purchase it risk free!