Are you stuck somewhere between following a strict keto diet and the struggle to stick to it?
Whether you aim to lose weight, get in shape, or simply alter your lifestyle, the keto diet is, undoubtedly, a great solution for all your fitness goals. So, if you’re already set to travel on this road, let us congratulate you first. This is, indeed, a great start.
But, just a heads up – while most of us start strong working on our diet plan, eventually, the struggle of sticking onto it becomes more difficult, so much so that you’re left with no willpower to continue your diet. Unfortunately, this short-term keto diet pattern followed by long-term weight regain is going to work against you.
Indeed, the keto diet has its challenges, but there’s a solution to every problem, as they say. We, too, have something to share with you today.
Whether you’re a keto newbie or already have been exposed to its challenges, the keto energy plan might be what you’re looking for. Read this informative guide as it talks about 5 top hacks that you should consider to sustain your keto diet and experience the results quickly and effectively.
Table of Contents
Get in Shape Faster with these 5 Keto Diet Hacks
1. Set Realistic Weight Goals and Keep Keto Simple
Setting unrealistic expectations can make things all the more difficult. Indeed, the incredible transformations you see on the internet may motivate you to push your boundaries.
But what you see are the results of hard work, struggle, strategies, and subtle diet changes behind those miraculous transformations.
The rule of thumb here is – set realistic goals and keep your keto energy plan as simple as possible. Start with simple food rules that are easier for you to implement and stick to it.
Chasing smaller goals will eventually help you reach your target. Focus on improving your lifestyle, habits, and environment.
Go slow, don’t push yourself too much so that it becomes harder for you to maintain in the long run. Also, track your progress at regular intervals to gauge and get an accurate picture of your weight loss journey.
2. Eat Clean
Not every food that is keto-friendly will prove healthy for you in the long run. Remember, the quality of foods is an important aspect. If you’ve been ignoring this fact, it’s high time to evaluate and change your diet plan.
Try including real and unprocessed foods like seafood, meat, and above-ground vegetables, as they will support your health in the long-term.
These foods contain micronutrients oxidants that prevent cell damage while supporting various processes happening in your body.
Take a look at these tips below and step up your game by shifting to clean eating:
- If the food spoils easily, it’s meant for you as natural foods don’t contain chemicals or additives.
- Beef, as you all know, is the staple food in the keto energy plan. However, avoid getting unprocessed beef. Instead, opt for grass-fed beef. This is because the grass-fed cattle indulge in a cleaner diet, and they contain more CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) that helps in burning body fat while increasing muscle mass.
- Swap your food options. For example, instead of using breadcrumbs, try using ground almonds. Instead of a bottled drink, consider making a fresh keto-friendly drink at home.
These small changes can bring a big difference in your weight-loss journey. Moreover, all the food options are clean and healthy, so why not give it a try?
3. Eat Healthy Fat
One of the reasons your keto diet may not be working for you is that you are not paying attention to your fat intake. Never make the mistake of skipping fats altogether.
Instead, shift to healthy fat. Consider eating snacks that have plenty of fats, choose fattier cuts of meat, blend grass-fed butter or clarified butter into your morning coffee, or cook your keto-friendly food with fats like butter, avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil. Including these healthy fats in your diet will prove beneficial in several ways:
- Boosts cognition – The fatty acids are known to improve memory. Studies reveal that they can improve cognition in traumatic brain injury. Additionally, these fatty acids are also used to treat mood disorders of the patients.
- Improves HDL Levels – HDL has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Besides, it keeps your heart healthy. Consumption of healthy fats improves your HDL levels.
- Prevents your appetite from growing – Switching to healthy fats and reducing carb intake will stimulate ketosis. This ketosis, in turn, helps in burning your body fat while making you feel less hungry. So, the inclusion of healthy fats will prevent you from eating more.
4. Burn More Fats
If you aim to lose weight by burning fats, you’ll need to do more than just restricting yourself on calorie intake or working out rigorously. Fat burning also depends on your hormones as well as your lifestyle. So, if you wish to get closer to your fitness goal, follow the below-mentioned points:
- Stay away from hidden carbs – you may find hidden forms of carbohydrates in readymade salad dressings, sauces, and deli meats. So, even if you think you have cut down on carbohydrates, they may have silently crept into your keto energy plan. To avoid this scenario, it is best to carefully read the food labels to get an idea about the total amount of carbs you’re getting from a single serving. Avoid getting store foods and start making whole and fresh foods at home to prevent consuming hidden carbs.
- Sleep well – Do you know? Poor quality sleep can affect your weight loss plans. If you’re awake, you tend to have unhealthy cravings. Not only this, but poor sleep will also affect your physical as well as mental performance. Additionally, you may feel exhausted, which can further hinder your workout plan, ultimately affecting your fitness goal. So, it is important to get better sleep at night to avoid these things.
- Manage your stress – It is very easy to get stressed in this modern age. Be it career or social reasons, stress can hinder your fat loss goal. So, learn how to manage and reduce your stress by trying positive options like meditation.
- Try intense workouts – You may be following a fixed workout plan for quite some time now. How about shocking your muscles with a new intense workout routine? This can work wonders for your keto weight loss plan.
5. Try Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting is a schedule where you go without food for long periods and only eat during your eating window. Many people who are on the keto diet consider combining it with intermittent fasting to avail quick and effective results.
The key to a successful intermittent keto diet is identifying a type of fasting that is sustainable. Fortunately, you have many options when it comes to choosing intermittent fasting. These include:
- One meal a day – this involves eating a full keto-friendly meal once and fasting for the rest of the day. This may not be suitable for everyone, especially patients who are supposed to have smaller meals at regular intervals. So, be careful or take your doctor’s advice if you’re planning to choose this as your intermittent fasting option.
- Alternate-Day Fasting – Here, you’re going to eat every alternate day and fast the remaining days. This, again, may not be suitable for people who can’t do without the food for the whole day.
- 16/8 Intermittent Fasting – Here, you’ll fast for 16 hours and are only allowed to eat during the remaining 8 hours. This, in a way, is recommended as you can start your day with breakfast and also join your corporate lunches.
- Spontaneous Meal Skipping – This is simple. If you’re not hungry, simply skip a meal. The best is to skip dinner and go to sleep with a light stomach.
Remember, your keto energy plan should be such that it doesn’t drive you crazy. Follow these hacks, stay on track, enjoy your keto diet, and you’re sure to reach your fitness goals efficiently.