So, you’re looking to level up your exercise routine? With the growing market of digital, wearable monitors that measure heart rate, step count, and other fitness data, tracking your exercise goals has never been more comfortable.
You may not have heard of the brand Letscom before today, and perhaps that’s why the Letscom Fitness Tracker hasn’t risen to cult status in the fitness community the way other trackers like the Fitbit have.
However, if you’re looking for a Bluetooth tracking bracelet that captures basic exercise metrics on a budget, you may want to investigate this sleek model. The Letscom offers most of the features of a Fitbit at a fraction of the price, and its cordless design and app compatibility make it a top choice in our book.
Design and Features
The physical design of the Letscom Fitness Tracker impressed me right away with its elegance. Like most popular fitness trackers, it’s a soft silicone band inlaid with a tracking screen. The band comes in black with a variety of replaceable color options. It adjusts to a comfortable size with studs that press into the rubber.
The tracker piece is about an inch and a half long and ¾ of an inch wide. Turning it over, you can see the sensor that rests against your skin. The decently-sized OLED screen shows the time, and you can touch it to scroll through a quick menu of today’s date, battery status, Bluetooth status, and step count.
The straps detach from the tracker so that a discreet charger can fold out from one end. The Letscom tracker can be plugged directly into any USB port without a cable. It takes about 2 hours to fully charge the battery, and then it should last 5-10 days between charges.
- IP67 water-resistant
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 0.96-inch OLED screen
- USB charger
- Lithium battery lasting 5-10 days
- 2 hour charging time
The Letscom tracker keeps tabs on several basic metrics for physical fitness. Connecting over BlueTooth with the mobile app will let you add personal goals for different metrics, such as spending 30 minutes running every day. Its fitness tracking options include:
- Steps taken
- Calories burned
- Distance traveled
- Pace of exercise
- Time spent on physical activity
- Heart rate
- Calorie consumption
- Body weight
- Mapping workout route
The Letscom fitness tracker also has an impressive amount of sleep tracking features. You can use the app to monitor your sleep habits, such as time spent awake and how much light vs. deep sleep you’ve gotten.
On the mobile app, you’ll be able to view your progress over time in graphs. You can see fitness data charted over days, months, and even years. This can be helpful when adjusting your goals for sleep, specific activities, or general calorie burn.
The fitness tracker’s simple compatibility with other devices is our favorite feature. It’s straightforward to sync with your mobile device using the VeryFitPro app, available on the Apple Store and Google Play. It works with IOS7.1 and above, as well as Android 4.4 and above.
The VeryFitPro app offers more advanced customization options than you can access with just the tracker screen. Here, you can set up messaging and notification features that remind me of an Apple Watch, including:
- Music control: Tap the tracker screen to adjust volume, play, or skip a track.
- Wake up alarm: Set up a goal for how much sleep you need, and a silent vibration will wake you up.
- Sedentary alarm: your tracker will ping if you’re sitting for too long.
- Call alert: See caller ID on the tracker screen when your phone receives a call.
- Long standby: tracker will standby 5-10 days or four days of operating time.
- SMS notifications: Text messages, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other social media alerts can appear on your tracker screen.
- Camera remote shoot: Click the shutter button on your camera using your tracker.
- Find phone: Locate your mobile device by making it vibrate or ring with a tap on the wristband.
Considering all the features packed into the Letscom fitness tracker, its $29 price tag is surprising. The most similar product we can find is the Fitbit Flex 2, which doesn’t include a screen and is priced over $200 on Amazon. Letscom offers all the same essential functions at a fraction of the price.
As a budget option covering all the necessary tasks of a good fitness tracker, this is a solid purchase. You could go lower and purchase the Xiaomi Mi Band 3 for under $20, but the elegant design and app compatibility of the Letscom makes it uniquely worth the investment.
- App compatibility: the SMS features, alarms, and find my phone options add a layer of convenience to this device.
- Cordless charging: unlike many other fitness trackers, you can plug this directly into a USB port.
- Price: It’s one of the best budget options for a fitness tracker, with enough features to rival luxury models that are nearly ten times the price.
- Finicky Charger: some users complain that the tracker will not charge when plugged in because the red light does not illuminate.
- Battery: while the battery is conveniently rechargeable, it is not replaceable.
- Low functioning screen: While the screen is large and touch-sensitive, it only responds to a tap in one area.
Overall, we found the Letscom Fitness Tracker pleasantly surprising for its humble price point. There is an aspect of “you get what you pay for” when dealing with annoying issues like a sensitive charger or a touch screen with limited options. However, for those who aren’t looking to shell out the big bucks for a decent fitness tracker, we recommend the Letscom.
With mobile compatibility features that let you adjust music volume, read messages, and set wake up or sedentary alarms from your wristband, even a couch potato can enjoy the convenience of this fitness tracker. Whether you’re running a marathon or reading Twitter notifications, a Letscom fitness tracker makes it easy.