If you’re an avid traveler and don’t want your uncertain schedule to ruin your skincare routine, on-the-go products like skincare capsules prove to be a lifesaver.
These capsules have soared in popularity, and for a good reason – they are travel-friendly, target individual skincare concerns, provide loads of healthy benefits, and much more. So, what are these capsules, and how should you use them? Keep reading to learn how they will benefit your skin.
What Are Skincare Capsules?
These capsules are an eco-friendly option filled with various products like moisturizers, facial cleansers, serums, and more. Each capsule is perfectly portioned for single-use skin care and aims to provide treatment, love, and care to all skin types, including those with sensitive skin. Additionally, they are your go-to solution while traveling as they come in compact and precise packaging.
You can find them in two types – one in capsules and the other in a glass ampoule. Regardless of what you choose, they are effective in replenishing as well as restoring your skin. Many skin care capsules include plant-based ingredients known as peptides or ceramides.
These active ingredients have the potential to fight against the stress that can impact your skin. They are normally oil-concentrated, enriched with nourishing properties as well as eco-friendly. On the other hand, a glass ampoule contain peptides, minerals, and vitamins that help in enhancing your overall skin.
There’s another reason why they are so effective. It’s because they are opaque and sealed. Generally, active ingredients like retinol and vitamin C oxidize when they are exposed to air.
So, when you’re using your cream or serum, these ingredients come in contact with the air as soon as you open the lid. This can be avoided if you choose skincare capsules as they keep every ingredient sealed and intact, and as one capsule is good for one-time use, it prevents any unwanted exposure.
Additionally, they also make sure that you get the correct amount of ingredients and a required dose, so you can expect better skin results, that too with zero-waste.
In a nutshell, using skincare capsules provide you with these 5 health benefits:
- Portion Control: Sometimes, people end up using the product in excess. This is not the case with the capsules, as you get just the right amount for every use.
- Glowing Skin: If you aim to achieve glowing skin, consider using a serum capsule. Generally, these capsules come with nourishing ingredients that help enhance your complexion while addressing other skin issues.
- Intact Potency: Unlike other skin products, you don’t have to worry about losing the potency when it comes to capsules as they are sealed. You will have to twist each capsule to open it, so the packaging acts as a safety net while preventing the ingredients from getting exposed to the light and air.
- Travel-friendly: As the capsules are pretty small in size, they can prove to be your perfect travel companion.
- Easy to Use: The process of applying serum capsules is quite simple. Simply twist the capsule to open and empty the contents on your palm. Next, apply the serum capsules just like any other standard skin product. Note that you’ll need to add some water to activate the formula if you’re using a face wash capsule.
How to Include Skincare Capsules into Your Daily Skincare Routine?
As said earlier, these capsules are your go-to option, especially when you have to travel frequently. Additionally, you can always carry them wherever you go, i.e., whenever you step outside or while carrying out routine activities like hitting a gym.
All you need is to store them in any type of container and be carefree as they are specially designed to not break before you want them to be used. Isn’t that great? However, once you use them, be sure to follow the instructions on disposing of them properly.
So, if you’re all set to give it a shot to skincare capsules, here is our step-by-step guide on incorporating them into your skincare routine.
Step 1: Cleanse Your Skin
The basic start to your skincare routine is cleansing your face twice a day. This will remove the dirt, oil, and debris that may have gathered throughout the day.
If you wear makeup, cleansing will remove it and provide you with a hydrated finish by removing the impurities from your skin. Cleansing is quite a simple process. Just soak a cotton pad with your preferred cleanser and wipe it over your face.
Step 2: Exfoliate
Your skincare routine is incomplete without exfoliation. It is the best way to make your skin look and feel at its best to remove the dead skin cells. Reach for a face scrub and exfoliate it gently. Do this up to three times a week to expect desired results.
Step 3: Apply Your Skincare Capsule
Once you have exfoliated your face, it’s time to use your capsule. Twist or tap to open your capsule and apply the ingredients to your skin. Please note that you should apply the capsule after cleansing but before moisturizing. Doing so will prevent the ingredients from seeping out.
Step 4: Seal the Deal with Moisturizer
The concentrated ingredients present in the capsules travel deep into the skin as they are generally smaller in terms of molecule size. But this may take some time to reach the dermis. If you wish to restore your skin, the ingredients must reach the dermis and do their job properly.
That’s why it is recommended to apply a cream on the top as they usually contain larger molecules that tend to sit on the surface of your skin while protecting it from outside and keeping everything hydrated. So, don’t forget to moisturize.
Night Time is the Best Time
While you can consider applying the capsules at any time of the day, nighttime is considered ideal as your skin is relaxed and away from all the stress and light – the factors that can affect your efficacy skincare capsule.
Once you have applied the capsules to a cleansed face, make sure to seal it with a moisturizer as your skin tends to lose water while you sleep. Doing so will keep your skin as hydrated as possible.
Use Your Skincare Capsules as Per Your Need and Convenience
There’s no rule book to follow here as you don’t need a steady supply. That’s the best part of using skincare capsules. So, use them whenever you need to restore and replenish your skin or when you wish to target specific skin issues like dryness or dullness. Different capsules come with different ingredients focused on tackling various skin issues like wrinkles, fine lines, dry skin, dullness, dark spots, and can even help with the skin’s elasticity and skin tone, among much more.
It’s best to determine your purpose and find a capsule that helps you overcome your skin issue. Applying as and when required will help you experience the desired results.
So, are you ready to try this convenient and effective skincare option? Here are five of the best skincare capsules that you can consider to start with:
1. Elemis Cellular Recovery Skin Bliss Capsules
- Formulated with optimum levels of anti-oxidant power to improve the visible signs of aging and counteract the damaging effects of everyday pollution.
- Maringa, lavender, Rose absolute
- Purifies, replenishes, nourishes
- Skin capsules
- Daily vitamins for perfect skin
2. Elizabeth Arden Retinol Ceramide Capsules Line Erasing Night Serum Capsules
- Targeted treatment to visibly diminish lines and wrinkles while improving skin texture and tone. Each capsule is single use and sealed tight for optimal freshness and potency. Plus, they’re preservative and fragrance free.
- Visibly diminishes lines & wrinkles while improving skin texture and tone. Improves radiance & clarity.
- To open capsules gently twist tab around twice. To use smooth over face and neck at night before your moisturizer.
3. Eve Lom Age Defying Smoothing Treatment
- Contains: 90 capsules
- Powerful Hexapeptides impart a radiant glow and smooth the skin, especially around the eyes and forehead – while helping reduce existing and future wrinkles
- Potent Tocotrienol helps limit the depletion of Collagen, and Natural Vitamin E and antioxidants protect against harmful UV
- Fragrance-free and ideal for sensitive skins
- Antioxidant Tocotrienol (a natural member of the vitamin E family) protects against Free Radicals and UV rays, while also helping slow the ageing process by reducing the depletion of collagen.
4. RoC Retinol Correxion Line Smoothing Night Retinol Serum Capsules
- OVERNIGHT RETINOL TREATMENT: Improve the look of collagen-depleted skin with this encapsulated night serum, sealed tight for optimal freshness. Powered by concentrated pure RoC Retinol & a bio-derived antioxidant with 2X the effectiveness of Vitamin E.
- PROVEN RESULTS: This lightweight fluid drenches skin & dries to a silky finish. In a clinical study, 97% had smoother skin after 1 night. Skin was 63% more hydrated after 1 week & visibly firmer by 30% after 4 weeks. Dermatologist tested. Fragrance-free.
- ANTI-AGING FORMULAS: Whether you're looking for a solution for deep wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles, crow's feet, uneven skin tone or dry skin, we have an anti-aging formula that's right for you.
- SCIENCE & BEAUTY: We produce a wide array of skin care products & treatments including moisturizers, cleansers, serums, skin tone & wrinkle regimens & creams for eyes, neck, decollete & much more!
- SKIN CARE INNOVATION: Our products are recognized by beauty industry leaders & dermatologists for their best-in-class effectiveness. We continue to research & innovate new formulas for healthier skin.
5. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Intensive Recovery Ampoule
- provide long-lasting hydration and color correcting coverage.
- Aqua BB illuminates and protects the skin with lightweight coverage
- Easy to apply at home or on-the-go.