For most people, a smartwatch is the ultimate phone accessory. Besides telling time, a smartwatch can perform other functions such as track fitness stats, play music, make payments and beam important notifications. The smartwatch sales are showing no signs of slowing down, with a staggering 60 percent increase in 2018 in the United States. The success can be attributed to the possibility of tracking both fitness and training. Today’s smartwatches have sensors to record in-depth details on your activities to help you get healthier and fitter. With the many options out there, it can be confusing to pick the right brand and model. This article will help you get the perfect fitness partner.
Best Huawei Smart Watches for Fitness
If you’re in the market for a smartwatch for fitness that has a great design, delivers practical fitness tools, and won’t dent your wallet, look no further than Huawei smartwatches. Huawei has established itself as one of the best health/fitness brands in the tech space. It manufactures a range of full-featured smartwatches with interesting features such as waterproofing, built-in GPS, stunning displays and fitness tracker.
We tested a variety of Huawei smartwatches in the market. During our review process, we considered stand-out features, specs, design, battery life, price and quality of software.
Huawei Watch GT
- AMOLED Touchscreen: 1. 39’’ AMOLED HD touch color screen boasts a 454x454 resolution, thus you can see more and see better
- Built-in GPS: Tracks your route and gets more accurate workout data without your phone
- 24/7 Heart Rate Monitor: Tureen 3. 0 provides precise up-to-the-second heart rate data day and night
- Sleep Tracking: Trustee 2. 0, developed in collaboration with Harvard Medical School’s CDB Center, identifies and corrects the 6 most common sleep-related issues, giving you more than 200 potential solutions and suggestions for better sleep
- Compatible with iOS or Android: Download the free companion app, Huawei Health, from the Google Play or Apple App store - Smart Notifications include: Caller ID, SMS, email, weather, calendar and social apps
Launched in October 2018, the Huawei Watch GT is one of Huawei’s latest smartwatch in the market and one of the company’s most accomplished devices. It looks more like a smartwatch than any of the other devices on our list. Termed “a device for every occasion,” it is capable of fitting into any situation, be it formal, casual or even sports. The features plus its reasonable price tag make it the best Huawei smartwatch you can buy in 2019. Since its launch, it has sold over 2 million units.
When it comes to the screen, you get a 1.39-inch AMOLED touch display that boasts a high color precision. On the fitness side of things, you get solid fitness tracking. Running on Huawei’s own LiteOS operating system which is compatible with both iOS and Android devices, the watch gives you access to sleep tracking and all-day activity tracking. The LiteOS is a step away from Google’s WearOS that has for long been a standard on Huawei smartwatches. The continuous heart rate sensor on the back monitors your heart rate in real-time. Thanks to the built-in activity tracker, you can map outdoor runs and leave your smartphone at home.
Add that to 2-week battery life and 5ATM Waterproof ability, and you’ll understand why the Watch GT is our top all-round fitness tracker. If you are eager to join Huawei’s growing smartwatch community, this is the watch to get! All these features offer a lot of insight into your overall health. If you’re a one kind fits all sort of person, you should seriously consider getting yourself a Huawei Watch GT.
Huawei Band 3 Pro
- AMOLED touch display: color screen and adjustable screen brightness; full screen touch and home button control - built-in GPS tracks workouts without your phone
- 5ATM: 50M water resistance, pool swim and open water with a 6-axis imu sensor, providing stats for stroke style detection, distance, laps, swolf, number of strokes and calories
- Multi-sports mode: indoor/outdoor run, walk, indoor/outdoor cycle, swim, free training and various exercise types - 24/7 heart rate monitor: provides precise real-time heart rate data
- Sleep tracking: true sleep 2.0, developed in collaboration with Harvard medical school’s cdb center, identifies the 6 most common sleep-related issues, and gives suggestions for better sleep
- Camera remote: doubles as a Camera shutter remote for your smartphone - take better selfies, group photos, and shots at distances without carrying an extra Camera shutter remote
While we have no doubts with the Huawei Watch GT being the best overall option, we understand that the price tag may not be too friendly for some of our readers. That’s why we recommend the Huawei Band 3 Pro if you really want a premium smartwatch at a fraction of the price. This smartwatch is one of the latest instalments of Huawei’s range of affordable yet feature-packed fitness trackers.
A successor of the Huawei Band 2 Pro, this watch isn’t designed for serious athletes, but instead, it’s made for people who want to track activities and have an attractive band to do it. Its predecessor mostly delivered, but some customers complained of niggling issues. Huawei responded by addressing the highlighted issues with this device. With GPS on board, you can track things such as running, walking and cycling. You also get an improved heart rate monitor and a waterproof design with swim-tracking for open water and pool swimming.
It is one of the most compact smartwatches in the market weighing just 25g, and unlike its competitors, it can fit just fine even on small wrists. It is available in 3 color options – gold, blue and black.
The battery can last you around 2 weeks depending on how often you exercise. That means you can wear the watch all day, then all night for sleep tracking without worrying about recharging it. This is a downgrade from Band 2 Pro’s 21-day battery, but it was necessary for the inclusion of the AMOLED display.
The display isn’t the sharpest in the market, but it gets the job done. You can navigate and see all your stats with the 0.95-inch color screen, which is bigger than the Band 2 Pro 0.91-inch display.
All the mentioned features blended with its low price makes it a great option for any penny-pincher out there for their first foray into the world of fitness tracking.
Huawei Watch 2
- Built-in GPS and continuous heart rate: monitor your heart rate and track your workout routes without your phone
- Scientific sleep tracking: HUAWEI TruSleep keeps track of light, deep and REM sleep stages to make your sleep truly restful
- Workout Coach: get real-time guidance and workout data such as recovery time and Vo2 Max. Bluetooth: 2.4 GHz Bluetooth 4.1 BLE + BR/EDR
- NFC and Google assistant: make payments and have a personal voice assistant from your wrist. More than 2 days’ usage* and get even longer battery life with Watch Mode in which the watch still counts your steps.
- Music and power: download and listen to music with Google Play Music on your watch. You can optimize power consumption settings to get the most out of your device
Similar to Huawei Band 3 Pro, the Huawei Watch 2 is conveniently compact and lightweight, meaning it can be comfortable on any wrist. It’s a great budget pick if you’re on low on cash.
You’ll find just about every fitness feature you could want on this watch, including heart rate monitoring, sleep tracking and automatic workout detection. You have access to various training plans, which can be accessed daily to determine your training schedule. To help you focus on heart rate zone training, you can view your heart rate at the top of the display, and a color wheel that displays the heart rate zone you’re currently in. The water-resistant design means you can take it swimming.
One downside is the 420mAh battery that gives you approximately 2 days of battery life. It is, therefore, advisable to charge the battery via a magnetic charging dock before your second night.
If you want a watch to accompany you on a run an track all the vital stats, this watch ticks all the right boxes thanks to its features set.
HUAWEI TalkBand B5
Although it has been in the market for a few months now, the HUAWEI TalkBand B5 is still one of our favorite Huawei smartwatches. It’s inexpensive but still manages to offer everything you’ll want in an everyday smartwatch. It features a brighter and larger screen than its predecessors, slicker design and broader feature set.
The HUAWEI TalkBand B5 isn’t the most capable fitness tracker or as stylish as other devices in this list, but it covers the fundamentals when it comes to fitness. It performs all of the usual fitness features you would expect, including activity tracking and a heart rate monitor. You also get push notifications from your smartphone. One downside – there’s no GPS built-in, meaning you won’t get any mapped routes.
It is not waterproof, but water and sweat resistant meaning that it can handle a bout of rain or an accidental splash. The 1.13-inch 300*160 AMOLED touch screen is punchy, vibrant and bright, enabling you to get a clear view even in direct sunlight. The interface is intuitive and pleasant to use. At the back, you will find an optical heart rate monitor.
Available in Sport and Business models, this smartwatch is a great pick for individuals that value a good combination of smart and fitness features in a single package.
HUAWEI Band 3e
- Dual wrist & footwear mode with detachable body and built-in 6-axis motion sensor with 97% accuracy
- 5ATM water-resistant and suitable for all-day wear including swimming, hand-washing and showering
- Get up to 14 days of typical usage with One charge. System requirements - Android 4.4 and above , IOS 9.0 and above
- Weighs only 0.6 ounces with wristband or 0.2 ounces without wristband that you can barely feel on your wrist or foot
- Stay connected anytime and anywhere with a powerful suite of Features: smart motion tracking, sleep monitoring and phone-connected alerts. Locate your phone using the Bluetooth Feature
For our last pick, we decided to highlight a smartwatch that goes above and beyond on just about every front. Branding itself as “more than a smart band” the HUAWEI Band 3e comes packed with tons of features out of the box. With this smartwatch, you get 50m water resistance, running form instructions and 2 wearing modes – all at under $30. This smartwatch is entry-level fitness tracking at its best.
All of that brings us to the real star of the show- innovative footwear mode. The mode provides accurate running data with the press of a button. Despite the small size, you get a battery of 14 days . At a mere 0.5-inches, the display may not be the biggest out there, but it’s big enough to allow you to read vital data.
The professional running coach feature monitors and analyzes running form to suggest intelligent suggestions to help you make running more efficient and develop better posture. When you begin a workout, there are several options to choose from depending on your ideal workout. Activities you can choose from include outdoor walk, outdoor run, indoor run, pool swim and outdoor cycle.
If you have been thinking of purchasing a fitness tracker but haven’t due to price concerns, here is something that will not cost you much.
Smartwatches are a great way to monitor your health and fitness with little to no effort. They keep tabs on your heart rate, stress levels, workouts and everything in between with pinpoint accuracy. Any of the smartwatches our list will serve you well, but the Huawei Watch GT is the best all-round choice.