Gone are the days of simple scales that tell you no more than your current weight, and why should we mourn them? Whether you want to lose, gain, or just maintain your weight, a lot more goes into the process than an isolated figure. Smart scales can measure body mass index, muscle mass, body fat percentage, and much more.
But from a vast market, how are you to know what the best smart scale is? It’s simple. Just listen to us. We are going to examine five of the most popular scales on the market and declare a winner.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Smart Scale
Smart Scale customers have a variety of needs, so it’s important to identify what your goals are before making a purchase. Bodybuilders and other people interested in bodily statistics might want a scale with the most amount of measurements possible. However, if your goal is to simply monitor weight loss, this will likely be less important to you.
Do you already have a Fitbit or other fitness app? Make sure to choose a scale that is compatible. While some can be synced with all major apps, others are incompatible with Samsung Health or Fitbit.
How accurate do your readings need to be? If you track every measurement obsessively, some scales might give frustrating and inconsistent results. This is the most common complaint with scales, so be sure to find one that meets your needs. If you are just tracking relative weight loss, slightly off kilter readings shouldn’t hamper your progress too badly.
Lastly, what’s your price range? Smart scales can be purchased for as few as $20, while some exceed $100. You don’t want to go too cheap and get an inferior product, but there is no need to pay top dollar if your needs are simple and minimal. Let’s get started.
RENPHO Body Fat Scale
- Renpho smart app works in connection with fitness apps. Easy setup app works with Samsung Health, Fitbit App, Google Fit, and Apple Health. Renpho already has millions of happy global users.
- 13 essential body measurements. The scale shows body weight only. Other body composition data including weight, BMI, body fat percentage stores in the app. You can weigh yourself anytime without your phone, and all the data will be uploaded to your App whenever you open the App and measuring again. 13 metrics show on App for adults. Only Weight and BMI shows on App for underage
- User-friendly app. Download Renpho app at App Store or Google Play, it also offers Apple Watch App (Except for Apple Watch Series 1). Renpho App works with Bluetooth 4.0 And above.
- High-Quality Innovation. Auto calibration, high precision sensors measure in increments of 0.2 lb, 0.05 kg with 396lbs, 180kg capacity. 4 high sensitive electrodes.
- Monitor your progress. Renpho connects with the apps to help motivate toward your goals, save historical data, and track your daily, weekly, and monthly progress.
The most popular item on this list, this scale is a titan of the industry. This scale shines in its versatility. Whatever fitness app you choose to use, chances are, the RENPHO is compatible with it: Samsung Health, Google Fit, Fitbit, Apple Health, etc. It allows this by using these apps in conjunction with its own.
The RENPHO also features 13 different body measurements and works whether or not you have your phone with you when you’re using it. It stores the data and updates it the next time you log into the app.
- Compatible with most popular apps
- Higher than average number of measurements
- Relatively low price
- Commonly cited accuracy issues.
FITINDEX Bluetooth Body Fat Scale
- Work with fitness app - smart scale with easy operation, download "FITINDEX" APP through apple store or google play, work with APPLE Health, GOOGLE Fit, Samsung Health and offers App for Apple Watch, keep you and your family healthy.
- 13 BODY COMPOSITION MEASURING FUNCTIONS - Use Bio-electrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) technology, Wireless digital scale not only shows body weight, but also syncs data to your APP including Body Fat, Water, Muscle Mass, BMI, BMR, Bone Mass, Protein, Skeletal Muscle and other data. It makes you know more data clearly about your body in time and track progress easily on your phone
- ONE SCALE, UNLIMITED USERS - Weight Scale allows you and your family to share one scale together and download free FITINDEX APP via their own devices or the same device. It's convenient for every member to know their body metrics better and do some relevant improvement. Especially perfect for body builder, weight loser, junior and teenager etc
- 4 HIGH PRECISION SENSOR & AUTO-CALIBRATION - Made with high quality tempered glass platform, 4 sensitive electrodes, step on technology, auto-calibration, high precision sensors measure, max weight up to 396lbs/180kg in 0.2 lbs increments. 3 x AAA batteries included.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL APP - FITINDEX APP allows you to set a goal and monitor your fitness trends with an automatic chart, to select data from specified periods for comparison, to export data in CSV for long-term storage, to manually enter data etc.
This scale offers many of the same features as the RENPHO, but with a more competitive price tag. It emphasizes use for the whole family, allowing for unlimited users with one scale. Each person must download their own version of the app, of course.
The FITINDEX also requires the use of its own app, but this app does work in conjunction with Apple Health, Samsung Health, and Google Fit. However, it is not compatible with Fitbit. It features 13 different measurements and a sleek, white design.
- Unlimited users
- High number of measurements
- Competitive price
- Doesn’t work with Fitbit
Arbo Leaf Weight Scale
- Syncs with fitness app; Syncing with easy-to-use app and supporting bluetooth 4.0, android 4.3 and ios 8.0 or above system, this arboleaf smart scale can feed your scales digital weight and body fat data to your favorite fitness app including appIe health, google fit and fitbit app, which are already used by over millions satisfied users
- 1 Step, 10 key body composition analysis; This scales for body weight can tell you 10 essential body compositions data including weight, body fat %, body type, visceral fat, body water %, muscle mass, bone mass, BMR, BIM, metabolic age. Clear trends graph allows you to track progress easily with your fingertips and stay motivated along your fitness journey only by 1 simple step to digital scales for body weight
- Highly accurate scales digital weight and body fat, Fully automatic; 4 high precision sensors and 4 sensitive electrodes work hard together to ensure this body fat measurement device accurate and consistent body composition analysis. Just step on the digital bathroom scale to get timely readings - no more tapping to activate body scale! Auto-connection, auto-recognition, auto ON/OFF, auto-zero, auto-calibration, low battery and overload indication of digital bathroom scales.
- One arboleaf weight scales, Unlimited users; You can weigh yourself anytime on this weight scale with body fat without your phone. The data will sync to the app once it connects to scale again! This multi-user friendly weight scale can also intelligently identify every user and match bmi scales digital weight and body fat data to the corresponding user profile, which allows whole family members to share 1 scale for seamlessly tracking weight loss progress and improving health condition
- Excellent customer experience; Arboleaf bathroom scale is simple, sleek, stylish, fits perfectly into any room! We are so confident that our smart weight scales bmi is well-made to ensure our customer's good weighing experience. We are glad to solve all of your worries.
Like the RENPHO, the Arboleaf’s fitness app is compatible with most major players, including Apple Health, Samsung Health, Google Fit, and Fitbit. It also allows for unlimited users so that the entire family can use it.
There are, however, a few downsides. It only features ten different measurements, so those who are most obsessed with their statistics may find it lacking. It’s also marginally more expensive. It’s worth noting, though, that it does include batteries to offset the price.
- Unlimited Users
- Compatible with most major apps
- Slightly higher price tag
- Fewer measurements
eufy by Anker Smart Scale
- HOLISTIC HEALTH: Instantly learn 14 insightful measurements of your body's health, such as Weight, Body Fat, BMI, Bone Mass, Muscle Mass, and more.
- USE WITH 3RD-PARTY APPS: Track your measurements on Apple Health, Google Fit, and Fitbit.
- ACCURACY IMPROVED BY 10%: Two pairs of super-sensitive G-shaped sensors ensure more precise measurements compared to other sensor types.
- FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY: Track the health trends of up to 16 users from one account, and the large LED display is easy to read for all ages.
- WHAT YOU GET: Smart Scale P1, AAA batteries x3, Quick Start Guide, User Manual
The eufy scale has many of the same features as the others, but at a heftier price tag. It works with Fitbit, Google Fit, and Apple Health, but not Samsung Health. The scale offers an impressive 14 different measurements. Though it doesn’t offer unlimited users, it does allow for 16 different people. Chances are, this is enough for your entire family.
Still, at such a price increase over the next most expensive scale listed here, what can a buyer expect to get out of it that it can’t get from its competitors? It features super sensitive g-shaped sensors that offer an additional 10% accuracy.
- 10% additional accuracy
- 14 different measurements
- Higher price tag
- Not compatible with Samsung Health
Toyuuga Body Fat Smart Scale
- 【Precision Technology】Auto calibration, high precision sensors measure in increments of 0.2 lb./0.05 kg with 396lbs/180kg capacity. 4 high sensitive electrodes, 3 x AAA batteries included. Professional tempered glass and 3.3 inch highlight LCD Display with large and bright reading numbers.
- 【Bluetooth Sync】Instead of recording your weight manually, smart scales do the job for you. Syncing with FITDAYS App, Bluetooth to automatically send data directly to your phone and can be viewed on your smart phone at any time. Each fat weight scale can be connected with your iOS or Android smart phone via Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity.
- 【Explore Your Body Composition】Toyuugo body Scale supports a whopping 19 health metrics, including Body Fat Percentage, body mass index (BMI), Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), Muscle mass, Bone mass, lean body mass, visceral fat and more. From weight loss and management, to helping you achieve their lean body mass target.
- 【Smart FITDAYS APP】Download FITDAY app at App Store/Google Play or download APP by scan the QR code in the instruction manual.Especially perfect for body builder, weight loser, junior and teenager etc.
- Package Contents: 1 x Digital Weight Scale, 1 x User Manual, 3 x 1.5V AAA batteries
Short on funds, but still want a solid product? The Toyuugo is the least expensive option here, and it offers a lot for a puny price tag. Surprisingly, it offers 19 different measurements, the best by far on this list. It syncs with Apple Health, Fitbit, and Google Fit.
What’s the downside? Some might be wary of its lack of popularity. Though most users report a good experience with the product, far fewer have used it in total, making it more difficult to vouch for.
- Low price tag
- Large number of measurements
- Relatively unpopular
FitTrack Dara Smart BMI Digital Scale
- 17 DIFFERENT BODY MEASUREMENTS - FitTrack’s Dual BIA Technology uses two different frequencies to accurately find 17 different measurements, including body mass index, muscle mass, and obesity level.
- UP TO 8 USERS PER DEVICE - FitTrack recognizes users and tracks results for up to 8 different people, including your baby, while keeping individual results private.
- INTEGRATED APP FOR iOS AND ANDROID - FitTrack Pro keeps your measurements on your smartphone device. Track the progress of your body health indicators and set weigh-in reminders.
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT - FitTrack Dara helps you be more aware of how your diet and lifestyle affects each aspect of your body health. Athlete & infant modes increase effectiveness for all types of users.
- AWARD-WINNING PRECISION TECHNOLOGY - FitTrack prides itself on manufacturing precise weighing mechanisms that ensure body composition measurement accuracy.
Now that we’ve featured a low-cost scale, how about a high dollar one? The FitTrack is in the upper tier of quality and price. It offers 17 measurements, up to 8 users per device, and an app that pairs with Apple Health, Google Health, and others.
The high price tag comes with claims that it is the most scientifically accurate scale on the market, having been more validated than its counterparts by studies. It is also very durable.
- High number of measurements
- High scientific accuracy
- High price tag
With all these great options, what should you choose? It’s likely that different users will prefer different scales. If you use Samsung Health, you can quickly eliminate the Toyuugo or the Eufy. If you use Fitbit, eliminate the FITINDEX. If you want a greater spread of measurements, go for the Toyuuga or Eufy. If popularity sways you, choose the RENPHO. Ultimately, only you can decide which scale is right for you, but we hope this guide has made your decision easier.