Office work requires you to sit at your desk for hours. Sitting at the computer or desk all day is bad for your health. According to medical experts, sitting is the new smoking. Chances of your early death increase by 19 percent when you spend 5-6 hours of a day just seated. Unfortunately, due to hectic 9-5 work schedules, too much of us do far too much of sitting in our daily lives. A sedentary lifestyle makes your body prone to lifestyle diseases like obesity, lung disease, peptic ulcers and cardiovascular diseases. Getting these disorders can affect your work output or even put your career in jeopardy.
Employees occasionally walking around to remain active or just standing up to improve their posture is a common sight. You may argue that doing this is enough to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Or that working out before/after work, or even over the weekends is enough. The bad news is that despite your efforts, all of those hours seated on one spot will hurt your health. Sometimes, you have to carry work home making it hard to commit the required time to your own health.
Changing your career is not an option, so why not do something about it? Enter mini treadmill for desk. An under desk treadmill base lacks arm rails and the console that normally sits in front of you as it is designed to slide under your desk. This little guy is an efficient solution that will enable you to stay active and healthy without leaving your work station. With this workout equipment, you’ll be able to lose weight, stay physically fit, burn calories, improve blood circulation and enjoy other health-oriented benefits.
Treadmill desks are the best way to incorporate more movement into normally sedentary situations. A treadmill desk allows you to dedicate some time daily to your fitness regime. They are less noisy than their bigger counterparts, can be easily moved from one point to another and will fit the bill nicely. Investing in a treadmill that fits under your desk will let you exercise and still get some valuable work done. It’s like killing two birds with one stone.
Best Mini Treadmill For Desks
These compact devices come in a variety of shapes, sizes, quality levels and the time limit you can operate them continuously. To help make your decision easier and save you from a rip off situation, this article will review 5 of the best treadmill desks currently in the market. We considered noise levels, functionality, weight capacity, usability, top speed, build factors, warranty and service, safety and customer opinions to give you a well-researched piece.
Rebel Treadmill 1000 Under Desk Treadmill
- ⭐ QUALITY & RELIABILITY ⭐ Get your steps in no matter what! Quality, reliability, eye-catching design and a proven-track record: the Rebel Treadmill 1000 has it all. This treadmill base fits under a standing-height desk and lets you walk at a leisurely pace while you work. You can be more productive, tone your muscles, burn more calories, and feel less tired. Imagine logging several miles and thousands of steps everyday!
- ✔️ SIMPLE SETUP - The treadmill base ships for free and arrives fully assembled. At just 88lbs, this lightweight treadmill makes for easy setup. Simply remove it from the box and use the front wheels to roll it into place under a standing-height desk or tall counter. Place the treadmill console on the desktop, hit "Start" and you can start walking and working!
- 👍 WORRY-FREE WARRANTY - On the Rebel Treadmill, there is NO maximum hours of usage per day so you can walk as long as you want without worrying about voiding the warranty (2 years for any parts and labor and 20 years for the frame). Rebel Desk prides itself on prompt and attentive customer service for as long as you are walking and working on your Rebel Treadmill.
- 👞 QUIET & SAFE WALKING - The treadmill base has a high-quality, ultra quiet motor that lets you walk and work without disturbing others. The Rebel Treadmill's speed range of 0.5 to 2.0 mph allows for a comfortable walking speed that lets you get work done without working up a sweat. That's because this treadmill base is specially designed to be an office treadmill. At 63 inches in length, you can walk safely and comfortably using your normal walking stride.
- 🛡️OUR PROMISE - Rebel Desk's promise to you is a 100% moneyback guarantee up to 30 days after receipt of the treadmill. No hidden fees, no questions asked - making this a no-risk purchase for you.
Costing a fraction of the price and weighing a mere 88 pounds, this mid-low range under desk treadmill by Rebel Desk is by far the lightest product in our list. It works straight out of the box with a minimum of fuss. It has a quiet 1.5 HP DC continuous drive motor that causes minimum disruption in an office or home setting. Some users found the top speed (2 mph) to be inadequate. The speed, however, allows you to have a great walking experience without getting soaked in sweat. To keep yourself active, you can adjust the speed to your desired needs. The walking area measures 18.1”*49.6”, and it has a maximum weight limit of 250 pounds. The easy to use console displays workout progress in terms of distance covered, walking speed and time elapsed. It uses a smart memory technology to keep your workout stats for up to 20 minutes. This gives you time to jot down vital info to monitor your progress over time. There’s no maximum hours of usage/day, meaning you can walk as long as you want. No assembly is required and it comes with a 20-years warranty on frame, 2 on motor and 1 on parts and labor.
LifeSpan TR1200-DT3 Under Desk Treadmill
- Console readouts include: distance traveled, calories burned, walk and run time, step count and adjustable belt speed of 0.4 to 4 MPH.
- Dimensions - Treadmill: 63" L x 28.5" W x 7.25" H | Console: 12.5” W x 3” D x 2” H | Belt Size: 20” W x 50" L
- Treadmill has portable wheels for lightweight mobility providing space saving and storable versatility. Deck Suspension: 6 Independent Compression Shocks
- Step up height belt 4.6 inch, side rails 5.25 inch, Console-2.9 pounds
- Fully assembled out of the box
This model is an upgraded and streamlined version of the TR800-DT3. This model is a generous 20 inches wide, can support users up to 350 pounds in weight and has a running time of 6 hours. Powered with a quiet and high capacity 2.25 HP electric motor, its quiet operation ensures zero interference. Considering this is firmly a walking machine, the top speed of 4 mph is fast enough. The durable 2-ply walking belt is supported by 6 compression shock absorbers to keep your joints and feet free from pain, strain and sores. The device comes with a portable console that sports a modern design. The console allows you to control the walking speed in the 0.4-4 mph range. The LED screen display vital stats like distance covered, speed, time elapsed, step count and calories burned. You can sync your fitness progress to the Active Trac app via Bluetooth and monitor your progress over time. The Intelli-Guard feature pauses the treadmill belt automatically when it senses non-movement. Its compact nature means that it won’t take up oodles of space and can fit nicely under your desk. The under desk treadmill works out of the box, as it comes pre-assembled. On purchase, you receive a 3-years warranty on motor, 2 on electronic components and 1 on labor.
iMovR ThermoTread GT Desk Treadmill
- Only treadmill that tracks walking, standing and sitting! Smartphone-like touch-screen LCD console tracks walking distance, speed, steps taken, calories burned, and time, as well as standing & sitting time + calories burned.
- Quieter, with a smaller footprint, yet more powerful and feature-rich than any office treadmill on the market. Six compression shock absorpers, with ultra-quiet 2.5mm rubber plus 2-ply fabric belt.
- Built to last: Premium componentry, “future-proof” updateable software and extensive Warranty - 3 years on motor, 2 years on parts, 1 year on labor.
- The first “clean sheet” design of a walking treadmill base geared for the office, not the gym. Powerful 3 Horsepower 4000 RPM DC motor with a continuous duty cycle made specifically for office use.
- Keeps track of multiple users with different presets for preferred walking speed. Set the programmable timers to remind you to take a break, or that it is time to stand or sit for awhile.
iMovR has a reputation for solid, functional, ergonomic and high-end products, and this model is no different. This treadmill was designed with home and office use in mind. It is small but powerful enough to meet your exercise needs. Somehow, it has a weight capacity of 400 pounds and still manages to be quiet with a noise level of 42.7 dB. This noise level is even less than most HVAC systems and allows you to perform your duties without causing any interruptions. The 3.0 HP 4000 RPM motor in ThermoTread GT Treadmill has been customized for lower walking speed. This gives the device more reliability and longevity. A top speed of 2.5 mph lets you walk and reduces chances of mishaps/injuries when you’re tired. To prevent the motor from burnout, there’s a silent cooling fan. The LCD touchscreen panel has an easy to use interface that displays performance statistics such as walking speed, standing time, walking time, distance covered and calories burned. You can change speed settings and set various breaks. The deck is built using a 1-inch thick Bakelite material to make it stable. To provide safe cushioning for your ankles, joints, back and muscle, the 2-ply fabric walking belt is supported by 6 shock absorbers. Some users found it to be a bit heavy, making it tedious to move around.
Titan Fitness Under Desk Walking Treadmill
- WORK OUT WHILE YOU WORK: Sitting at a desk all day can wreak havoc on your health and fitness goals. Fortunately, there’s a simple solution: stop sitting and start walking! With our miniature treadmill, you can get your steps in while working. This treadmill goes up to 4 mph, so you can walk to your heart’s content. This is multitasking at its finest.
- GREAT FOR STANDING DESKS: With this treadmill, you can have the best of both worlds! It’s compatible with standing desks, so you can stay active all day long. Type at your computer, make phone calls, and hold business meetings as you walk. Jump-start your fitness goals by purchasing this treadmill today.
- CONVENIENT CONSOLE: This treadmill comes with a handy console that fits nicely on your desktop. It allows you to adjust and track your speed. The console records your overall time, steps taken, and how many laps you’ve walked. It also estimates how many calories you’ve lost while walking at your desk.
- SAFETY FEATURES: Working out is about improving your body, not hurting it! At Titan Fitness, we take safety seriously. That’s why this treadmill system comes with a safety key that you can clip onto your shirt. Once the key is disengaged from the console, it automatically shuts off the treadmill, preventing injury.
- DIMENSIONS: This compact and lightweight treadmill weighs approximately 114 lbs. It measures at 65” L x 25” W x 8” H, making it the perfect size for storing under your desk. The belt has a length of 53” and a width of 18”. The treadmill has a walking platform height of 6”. This small treadmill can support a weight capacity of up to 250 lbs.
Titan has made a name from making superior workout machines. If you want good value for your hard-earned money, try out the Titan Fitness Treadmill. For under $500, you get a great top speed, compact and well-built treadmill desk that will let you walk for physical fitness in the office. Despite its small price tag, the Titan has an impressive top speed of 4.0 mph, which is the same speed fancier models like LifeSpan give you. Built to fit under the standard desk, it features an overall footprint of 65”*25”. For ease of movement, the device comes attached to wheels. The machine manages to be quiet to cause minimum interruptions even at top speed. For safety, this treadmill system has a safety key that you can clip onto your outfit. In the event that the key is disengaged from the console, it shuts off the treadmill automatically to prevent injury. The basic console shows distance, speed and time on a loop. You’ll have to track your stats while still walking on the device or track your workouts with a fitness tracker. The only downsides are that it supports users up to 250 pounds, weighs 114 pounds and lacks the compression shocks present in other models.
fitbill f.Walk Smart Under Desk Treadmill
- Smart Equipment, Smart Workout - f.walk can be operated by both remote control and fitbill app. You can easily monitor and track your workout on your phone.
- Maximum Comfort, Minimum Footprint- 47" x 18" tread belt provides the same feeling of space as a traditional treadmill in a compact footprint of 59" x 24".
- Walk While You Work - f.walk features a 1.0 HP quiet motor that respects office work. Its slim body fits under any height adjustable desks or standing desks. You can now combine work and exercise into one calorie burning and stress-relieving activity. Speed: 0.5 - 3.7 MPH
- Fully Assembled - Item is fully assembled out of the box, ready to work with your standing desk.
- Compact, Lightweight & Portable - 5" thickness and transport wheels allow for easy setup and effortless storage. Weight: 64 lbs; Max User Weight: 220 lbs
This flawless under desk treadmill is designed to suit most office interiors. If you want space for other equipment, the machine comes with a detachable handrail that you can remove easily. The f.Walk has a 1.0 HP super-quiet motor that won’t cause any disturbance. The 47”*18” tread belt allows you to walk smoothly, with a 0.5-3.7 mph speed. You can operate the desk either using the remote control or the fitbill app on your phone. On completion, the data from the console will be automatically restored on your app cloud. To allow ease of movement and effortless storage, you get 5” transport wheels. The product is fully assembled out of the box, has a weight capacity of 220 pounds and comes with a 10-years warranty on main frame, 2 on motor and 1 on parts.
If you’re fed up with your inactive lifestyle which is making you unhealthy, purchase a mini treadmill for desk today and pace the day away as you work. The right treadmill desk, in the end, is a matter of priorities. It will help you achieve a healthy lifestyle focused on your wellness while you meet your work objectives with a better performance.