With the rise in working out without the gym membership, more people are turning to in-home gym alternatives. Using a home gym means you don’t have the same equipment you might find at an established gym, but it also means you can choose what you want to use and what equipment to buy.
To get the most use out of your space, you might want to consider getting the Powertec Power Rack. This piece of equipment might look like a standard rack, but it can do much more. You can climb on it for some pull ups and attach other fitness equipment to it for varied strength-training possibilities.
Below, we’ve compiled a complete Powertec Power Rack Review to help you make an informed decision about whether or not you should add this equipment to your home gym set up. We’ve completed thorough research and included everything you need to know, from versatility to safety. Keep reading to learn more about the Powertec Power Rack.
Powertec Power Rack Overview
- The Power Rack comes standard with the new deluxe multi-grip bar, dip handles, 2 newly redesigned J-hooks, and the Olympic bar safety catches
- The safety catch bars can provide safety support for up to 1000 lbs.
- New for 2019 Two additional 1” adjustment holes at the top. Six additional 1” holes around the center of the frame, spaced closer together for added adjustments. Matted black powder coated finish safety catch bars
- Weight capacity: Rack = 1, 000 lbs. , Dip bars = 400 lbs. , Chin up = 400 lbs.
The Powertec Power Rack might look like a standard rack, but it provides much more. This piece of equipment makes strength training easy because it provides many different outlets to accomplish different positions and workouts.
The equipment is sturdy and durable to keep up with you during your workouts. It provides users an introduction to strength training without any complicated mechanisms attached.
However, if you choose, you can add-on as many different accessories as you want with some of Powertec’s other gym equipment. With an accessory, you can fully curate your workouts to how you want without buying additional large-scale devices or machines.
For a basic look at the rack, take a look at some technical specifications:
- Dimensions: 52 x 26.7 x 47 inches
- Weight: 210lbs
- Max Weight Capacity: 1000lbs
- Dip Bars Weight Capacity: 400 lbs
- Chin Up Weight Capacity: 400lbs
- Material: Steel Tubing
- Color: Matted Black
- Steel frame provides durability and ample support during workouts
- Not too large, making it ideal for home settings
- Provides versatility
- Comes with an ample warranty coverage
- Comes with the option to purchase add-ons
- Might oscillate slightly when using the dip bar
- Does not come with rubber or reinforced feet for protection and stability
Working Out with the Powertec Power Rack
The Powertec Power Rack, while accessible, can be used on its own for working out. The equipment’s frame provides different fitness options depending on your needs. These workouts include:
- Chin ups
- Horizontal pull ups
- Oblique crunches
- Abdominal hanging leg raise
- Abdominal hanging leg twists
- Push ups
However, you can use the Powertec Power Rack for more than what’s listed above. It’s versatility gives you the freedom to curate workouts as you discover them. If you want, you can even climb all over the equipment for your workout, although the rack offers much more than just a stationary obstacle course.
Features and Benefits
With the Powertec Power Rack, you get many features and benefits such as versatility and durability, and safety. Not to mention, the single piece of equipment won’t take up too much space, and does not need maintenance to keep it in working order like some electronic or automated workout equipment requires.
You can use the Powertec Power Rack as is, or you can purchase additional accessories to bolster your workouts and create new regimens. For example, you can use the rack on its own to tackle some chin ups or conquer some oblique crunches. Or, you can purchase an additional utility workbench to start on some bench presses.
The Powertec Power Rack has seemingly endless add-on possibilities depending on your fitness goals and plans. But, you don’t have to purchase any accessories if you don’t want to and can still get a consistently adequate workout in.
The Powertec Power Rack is made from steel tubing and is brushed with a matte black coating. Besides looking pristine and sleek, the coating prevents potential rust damage and other general wear and tear. The steel tubing frame is also incredibly durable. It can withstand up to 1000lbs during use.
Because of its design, you can expect the Powertec Power Rack to last a long time. This means you can keep working out with the rack for as long as you need and then some. It also means that you can use increased weights when using the gym, making it ideal for those who want to bench press.
When it comes to working out, safety is of the utmost importance. So many injuries can occur if you don’t workout correctly or if you misuse the equipment. Fortunately, the Powertec Power Rack has built in safety bars to provide extra support while you workout. You can hold onto these bars while you maneuver the rack for some stability.
The rack also isn’t excessively tall. Height, or lack thereof, in this case is a safety measure in itself. When you need to tackle some pull-ups or chin ups, you can find comfort in knowing that if you slip while up at the bar, you won’t fall a great distance. The equipment’s height minimizes injury risk.
Since the Powertec Power Rack will make a new addition to your soon to be or existing home gym, you want to make sure you get the most out of the space you have. The Powertec Power Rack benefits smaller spaces because of its versatility and physical size.
As mentioned previously, the rack isn’t too tall, so you don’t have to worry about ceilings. It also isn’t that wide around, only a couple feet in width and length. Ultimately, when it comes to space, you maximize your room with the Powertec Power Rack.
Since Powertec built the Power Rack from steel and the corrosion-resistant matte black coating, you really don’t need to do much to maintain the machine unless you want to. The material provides a slick surface to effortlessly wipe down after workouts. Other than that, you shouldn’t have to worry about maintaining the device.
If the rack should break, warp, or lose a vital screw, you can always contact the powertec company directly for assistance. When you purchase the Powertec Power Rack, you also get the Powertec warranty–although this is only provided for home use, not commercial.
The warranty protects the frame for a lifetime, not including the finish. Not including the finish means that the company will not cover any minor chips or scrapes to the rack’s surface. As for the pads and grips, they fall under a one-year warranty. All other tiny parts and components fall under two-year coverage with the warranty.
A lot of equipment and machines come with complicated instructions with pages of information. The Powertec Power Rack does not. Instead, it comes with straightforward instructions to make set-up a breeze.
If you plan on adding different accessories to the rack, you don’t have to worry about complicated installations either. Instead, the rack has clear distinctions and markings on the frame to indicate how and where to attach the different mechanisms when the time comes.
If you’re not sure that the Powertec Power Rack is the right strength training equipment for you, we’ve included some comparable alternatives too.
- Commrtcial quality: Made of commercial thickness steel tube,high tensile strength steel coated cable,multi-grip drop-down bar and safe squat protection frame,protect your safety while meeting your workout needs.
- You can adjust weight plates loading bar dumbbells as training needs,the weight capacity up to 1000lb.With 12 adjustable height levels for the safety bars.Safety bars are compatible with Olympic bars,4 rubber feet reinforce the stability of the power cage, and protect the floor from scratches.
- Builds muscles on your whole body with a variety of exercises such as Bench press,Squat,Deadlifts,Bicep Curl,Triceps Extensions,Pull-ups, Dips,and more. No need to change equipment,it can meet your multiple workout needs at home!
- This multi-purpose equipment can saves your money and space.High and low pulleys offer a wide range of upper and lower body exercises,two cross bars help fix the four uprights so that the power cage will not shake.
- Assembled Dimension: 55.12"Lx 43.31"Wx 86.61"H. The size is proper to place at home, you can still be a fitness person even during at home. Besides, come with clearly install instruction and we suggest at least 2 people assemble it. 24hours*7days after-sales service waiting to serve you anytime.
The Multi-Functional Power Cage, much like the Powertec Power Rack, provides versatility. You can use it for various workouts as you see fit directly from the frame itself. However, this device is much larger than the Powertec Power Rack and does not offer any additional accessories. That said, it does come equipped with adjustable bars.
- Highly durable materials
- Rubber feet for support
- Safety bars included
- Much larger than the Powertec Power Rack
- Does not come with extended warranty coverage
- Does not have add-ons
- STURDY AND DURABLE: The solid power tower is made of thickened heavy duty steel construction with high-density foam rubber grips, armrests and antiskid screws. The square tube thicker and wider, which can holds up to 330lbs.
- MULTI-FUNCTION: This dip stands can support many kinds of exercises like Pull-ups, Dips, Chin-ups, Push-up, Knee raise, etc. It can train your muscles, arm, back, chest, shoulders and leg muscles. Suitable to use at home, office, gym or fitness room.
- 6 LEVELS TO ADJUST: The height of pull up bar can be adjusted from 76.4 to 84.3 inches. Achieve the level of fitness, upper-body strength and health you have always wanted, without the expensive gym fees.
- ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED: 1. The stable upgrade fitness power tower removed back cushion support for safety. 2. Soft foam handles for a secure grip and no blisters on the hands. Thicken and wide added arm make your workout more comfortable.
- SERVICE: Make high quality products and be enthusiastic about every customer is our service purpose. If you don't like our products, we will give you an awesome service until the problem solved.
The BangTong&Li Power Tower provides versatility and durability in its design. With this equipment, you can conquer various strength training exercises with the differing bars and grips. The frame also comes equipped with cushioned pads for support.
This rack, however, does not offer additional accessories and does not offer as many versatile options as the Powertec Power Rack. For example, you can not use this rack with dumbbells or other weight training accessories.
- Offers a range of workouts in one frame
- Support bars for safety and stability
- Rubber feet for support
- No accessories
- Limited uses
Overall, the Powertec Power Rack provides beginners and advanced strength training enthusiasts with an all-in-one frame. With the Powertec Power Rack, you can discover new workouts, use the equipment on its own, or purchase accessories for more variety. The equipment is incredibly durable and built to withstand rust and corrosion. Its size also proves ideal for home gym situations.
Ultimately, the Powertec Power Rack is a great piece of gym equipment for those looking for more versatility without having to buy multiple machines and devices. To order the Powertec Power Rack, or to check it out for yourself, take a look here.