If you’re a fitness freak but not an ardent fan of gyms, you know how difficult and tiring it can be to ensure that you have all the necessary workout equipment at home.
While one may be good for your arms, the other may be good for cardio or strength. Fortunately, having a Total Gym allows you to incorporate different types of exercises for your whole body.
So, if you already have one sitting in your home now, these Total Gym accessories are something that you absolutely need to know about. After all, they have the potential to instantly upgrade your home gym by providing the flexibility of adding various workouts.
But, before we jump into reviewing some of the Top Total gym accessories and attachments, let’s talk about what they are, how they are beneficial, and what to look for when buying these accessories and attachments.
Table of Contents
What Is a Total Gym?
Most conventional home gym equipment uses some form of external weight to provide resistance to your workout. Like any other product, even these machines come with their strength and weaknesses.
However, Total Gym is an exception as it does not need any external resistance. This workout tool incorporates various workout aspects into one single piece of equipment. It comes paired with various accessories that can be used for yoga, stretching, strength training, cardio, and Pilates training.
Isn’t that great? Considering a full home gym like Total Gym is surely a lucrative deal because of the following benefits.
What Are the Benefits of Having a Total Gym?
Having your own Total Gym provides you with quite a few benefits like:
Full Body Workout
This is one of the major benefits of owning a Total Gym. They provide you with a total body workout which means, you can work out every muscle in your body.
Pairing them with the right accessories and attachments, you can easily structure your exercise routine. Consider getting a model that suffices all your workout needs, and you’re good to go in setting up a perfect home gym for you.
Imagine engaging in a wide variety of exercise types just with one simple machine! A good model of Total Gym will allow you to get a comprehensive cardio workout, a stretching session, or a strength training workout and Pilates and flexibility training.
In short, it’s great workout equipment that will provide you with everything you need for a well-rounded physique.
Versatility and Convenience
Having a Total Gym with accessories will easily fit your lifestyle. No more skipping your daily workouts as you have the convenience of using this versatile equipment at your own time. Also, storing it is not a concern as you can keep it in the basement, garage, or spare room.
Budget is definitely a concern, no matter how small or big the purchase is. In this case, getting a Total Gym will benefit not only your body but also your pocket. The gym memberships or solo workout equipment is sure to cost you more in the long run than investing in this all-rounder Total Gym.
While some people prefer working out in groups, many fitness enthusiasts would rather prefer sweating in the privacy of their own homes. Total Gym allows you to have that privacy as you will be able to work out on your own terms while playing your favorite playlist.
With so many benefits, having a Total Gym at your home seems to be a great idea. And, if you already have one, there’s always room to upgrade.
So, whether it’s brand-new equipment, or you’ve been using it for years, you surely have ways to add on the features that enhance your fitness routine. Want to find our top pick list of Total Gym accessories? Read on!
Top 3 Best Total Gym Accessories and Attachments to Consider for Your Home
Get ready to add more variety to your already super versatile machines. No matter which model you have in your home, the addition of these accessories will instantly upgrade them and bring you a step closer to your fitness goal.
1. The Cyclo Trainer
- Improve Fitness: Desk bike is designed to improve cardiovascular fitness while strengthening your legs, glutes, and abs
- Safely Train: Desk bike pedal has revolutionary attachment that offers a variety of ways to safely train for a total body workout routine
- Protects Joints: Protects your joints while providing a low-impact workout in a short amount of time and fully supports your back for comfortable exercise at any fitness level with this desk cycle
- Pedal Straps: Equipped with adjustable pedal feet straps that allow you to comfortably secure your feet while using stationary bike
- Inclusions: Under desk bike pedal exerciser includes battery-operated digital monitor to track time, speed, distance, and resistance level; batteries included
Planning to include cycling exercises in your workout routine? If your answer is YES, investing in the Cyclo Trainer can be the best bet. This accessory is not only perfect for an intense cardio workout or strengthening your core but also for trimming your thighs and butt.
One of the biggest benefits of this machine is that it allows a full cardio workout without taking up extra space, as you need to attach it to the glide board on your home gym (regardless of what the model is).
- Compatible with all Total Gym models
- Adjustable pedal straps
- Digital monitor display that shows speed, time, distance, as well as the resistance level
- Battery-operated display
- Six months warranty
- Comes with a great workout DVD
With this multi-functional accessory, you can get a quick warmup for weight training to intense cardio exercise. As you are putting your weight on each pedal through the moving board, you’re strengthening your core without straining off your joints.
As stated above, you have the flexibility to use the Cyclo Trainer will all the Total Gym models. Additionally, you have the flexibility of turning the pedals with your arms, providing even more training options.
Easy to Use
There are no complexities attached to using the Cyclo Trainer. All you need to do is lie back on the board and start turning the pedals.
The console keeps you updated on your performance. While it does not show how many calories you could burn, it displays other important features like time, speed, distance, and resistance level.
Getting this type of recumbent bike is more expensive. So, if you already have a Total Gym, buying the Cyclo Trainer is an ideal solution.
2. Total Gym AbCrunch
- Equipped to effectively perform more than 10 ab-sculpting exercises; Dimensions (L x W x H): 19.2 x 13.8 x 7.6 inches
- Simultaneously strengthen your back and legs while toning your abdomen with this piece of equipment
- Padding provides maximum comfort so you can focus on your technique for a totally toned tummy
- Includes instructional video led by Rob Glick to guide you through sequences that match your fitness level
- For use on Total Gym models: 1100, 1400, 1500, 1600, 1700 Club, 1800 Club, 1900, 2000, 2200, 2500, 3000, 3000XL, XLS, FIT, FIT Signature Series, Supreme, Platinum Plus, Premiere, Ultima, Elite and Fusion
The AbCrunch is undoubtedly one of the best additions to your Total Gym equipment, especially if your fitness goal is to reach every inch of your core, back, legs, and butts. Another interesting feature of this Total Gym accessory is that it also assists in mending old injuries, back pain, and sciatica, so it is highly recommended for older users.
- Equipped to help you effectively perform more than 10 ab-sculpting exercises
- Uses durable metal, foam, and vinyl for solid construction
- Easily attaches to the Total Gym models including 1100, 1400, 1500, 1600, 1700 Club, 1800 Club, 1900, 2000, 2200, 2500, 3000, 3000XL, FIT, XLS, Platinum Plus, FIT Signature Series, Supreme, Premier, Elite, Ultima, and Fusion
- Includes instructional video by Rod Glick to guide you through the sequences
Tones and Firm Your Abs
Now, you can target every inch of your abs with this best-selling Total Gym accessory. Working out with AbCrunch is sure to burn fats around your mid-section while building core strength.
Strengthen Your Back and Legs
Apart from abs, this accessory has the potential to even strengthen your back and legs without applying uncomfortable stress on your neck.
You can spend more time perfecting your technique as the foam padding provides maximum comfort.
Fast-paced Program by Total Gym trainer Rob Glick
From the Beginner to Advanced Level, the workout DVD that comes with this accessory will offer you four sequences to help you select the best workout complementing your fitness level.
3. Total Gym Press Up Bars
- REVAMP ARM DAY: Multi-functional design builds and strengthens upper back, chest, triceps, and shoulders
- VARIETY OF WORKOUT OPTIONS: Doubles as pull-up bars for additional workout options; Easily attaches to your Total Gym model in minutes
- 100 PERCENT SUPPORTED: Solid design accommodates military-style press exercises; Comfortably adjust hands for optimal positioning with a wide or narrow grip
- PADDED HANDLES: Features soft, padded handle grips to protect hands during workouts
- SPECIFICATIONS: Easily attaches to your Total Gym model in minutes; For use with Total Gym models (not included): 2000, 2200, 2500, 3000, 3000XL, XL, XLS, and Electra; Color: Black; Weight: 2.4 pounds
These easily attachable press-up bars are great for building and strengthening your chest, shoulders, triceps, and upper back. Whether you need a wide or narrow grip, these bars are designed to accommodate both due to the military-style press exercises. The soft, padded handle grips are sure to provide the required comfort that you need while working out.
- Multi-functional design
- Solid build-up
- Easily attaches to your Total Gym model in no time
- Compatible with Total Gym models – 2000, 2200, 2500, 3000, 3000XL, XL, XLS, and Electra.
Best for Upper Body Workout
This multi-functional tool focuses on the upper body and helps strengthen your chest, upper back, triceps, and shoulders.
Designed to accommodate military-style press exercises
When you master pull-ups, press-ups, or inclined push-ups with the press-up bars, your entire body will be supported.
Soft, Padded Handle Grips
While working out, these soft grips will not only protect your palms but also assist in optimal positioning your hands for both – wide or narrow grasp.
It is user-friendly, and attaching to your Total Gym is not at all complex. You’ll be able to set it up in no time and start taking advantage of this great Total Gym accessory.
Undoubtedly, Total Gym has the best range of accessories and attachments that are safe, functionally-designed, durable, as well as easy-to-use. Choosing any of them will help you achieve your fitness goal with ease.
So, which one are you planning to buy? All the above accessories listed above are definitely worth investing in.