A treadmill for walking does not have to be fancy, but it does have to work well. Finding a good treadmill for a decent price is not easy, but that’s what we’re here to help with today. Let’s get to it and find the best treadmill for walking of 2020.
Walking Treadmill Reviews
EXERPEUTIC TF2000 Recovery Fitness Walking Treadmill
- Designed for people in recovery and seniors' home Use. Treadmill belt size: 50" L x 16" w. 300 lbs. User weight capacity
- 49” Full length walking assistant hand rails with foam padding provide safe, easy fitness walking
- Speed starts at 0.2 MPH and adjusts in increments of 1/10's MPH up to a maximum of 5 MPH. 10 shock absorbing deck cushions with extra reinforcement for reducing joint impact while walking
- Highly visual backlit LCD display window features elapsed time, distance walked, calories burned, speed and Pulse. Two accessory holders included
- 10 shock absorbing deck cushions with extra reinforcement for reducing joint impact while walking. 5" Low deck height for easy step up
This is a treadmill designed exclusively for walking at a fairly slow pace. To be precise, the EXERPEUTIC TF2000 Recovery Fitness Walking Treadmill is designed for seniors who need a slow-paced way to exercise, as well as those recovering from injuries.
To make it ideal for seniors and people with injuries, this treadmill comes with 49 inch full-length guide rails to hold onto. On that same note, this model also features a very low deck height, so users don’t have to step up far to use it.
Moreover, it also comes with extra padding on the belt, just to ensure that minimal impact is created when walking. In terms of speed, the lowest speed is 0.2 miles per hour, and it can increase in speed by increments of 1/10th of a mile, all the way up to 5 mph.
The EXERPEUTIC TF2000 Recovery Fitness Walking Treadmill comes with a very brightly lid LCD display for easy reading, as well as an intuitive control system. It also comes with 2 accessory holders as well.
- Ideal for seniors and people with injuries
- Low deck height
- Hand rails
- Extra padding
- Room for accessories
- Low speed with small increments
- Nice display
- Belt does not stay centered at all times
- Lots of assembly
NordicTrack T Series Treadmills
- This item benefits from an Extended 90 Day Return Window
- Bring Home Interactive Personal Training powered by iFit; 1-month individual membership included; Experience live, studio, and global workouts in the comfort of home; Trainers lead your exercise
- 10 % OneTouch incline control; 10 MPH SMART OneTouch speed control; With iFit, your trainer auto-adjusts your speed and incline through a smart Bluetooth connection
- SMART-Response Motor for effective speed, interval, and endurance training; 20” x 55” tread belt offers plenty of leg and elbow space as you run; FlexSelect deck cushioning protects your joints
- Innovative SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist means your treadmill can fold up after your run for compact, simple storage; Auxiliary music port and dual 2-inch speakers provide entertainment
This entire line of treadmills, the T Series from NordicTrack, are all nice options to keep in mind, especially if you are looking for some basic for walking, something that is not going to cost you a fortune. Important to note is that you can choose from different display sizes; they are all high-quality LCD displays, but the important distinction comes in the size differences between them.
These treadmills feature the NordicTrack app (membership not included), which allows users to get new daily workouts, choose from thousands of workout programs, monitor progress, gain access to real trainers and interactive training too.
What is nice is that this model comes with an advanced cushioning system for shock absorption. It features a top speed of 10 mph with very small increments, great for people who want to go slow, plus you can put this model on an incline up to 10 degrees. It also comes with pulse tracking and other advanced features.
- Decent price
- Easy to control
- Great for slow paced walking
- Great cushioning
- Heart rate monitoring
- Access to an advanced fitness app
- Can be put on an incline
- Somewhat limited durability
- Membership to the app is expensive
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T1407M Manual Walking Treadmill
- EXCELLENT CARDIO BENEFITS: This treadmill will help kickstart your fitness journey, by helping users increase blood circulation, increase bone density, strengthen muscles, improve balance, improve mood, and increase coordination
- COMPACT AND ERGONOMIC: This compact, lightweight treadmill is excellent for small spaces. With a running surface of 42L x 13W inches, this treadmill is durable and can withstand power walking or light jogging
- LCD MONITOR: Create goal-specific workouts with the LCD monitor that allows the user to track time, speed, calories burned, and scan. With an available “scan” option, you can scan through your performance data without lifting a finger!
- NON-ELECTRIC: The treadmill's non-electric function is perfect for power saving without sacrificing performance. This also allows for flexible placement throughout your living space without the need of an electrical outlet
- NON-SLIP RUNNING SURFACE: Feel safe and secure on the sturdy non-slip running surface which supports a max weight of 220 lbs
This is a manual treadmill, which means that it is not electric. Instead of a moving belt that you walk against, here, it is your own motion that drives the belt. In other words, the faster you walk, the faster the belt moves. You can also change the incline so the more of an incline there is, the harder the exercise.
What’s really cool about this model is that it can fold into a neat little package for easy storage in a small space. The running surface itself is a nonslip surface, which is great for safety, but keep in mind that it’s not really padded, so it’s not the best for people with knee problems.
The Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T1407M Manual Walking Treadmill comes with a digital monitor to tell you how fast you are going and how far you have gone.
- Foldable and convenient
- Great for basic walking
- Adjustable incline
- No need for electricity
- Foam handlebar
- Tracking display
- No speed adjustment
- Limited durability
Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill Series
This is another moderately priced treadmill that can get you back into shape without costing you a fortune. Sure, it’s quite simple and basic, but will still get your blood flowing. This particular model is electric, and it features very slow walking speeds with small increments to increase the speed, but it does also go quite fast if you need it to.
There is 2 level manual incline system, so you can make your cardio workout easier or harder depending on your needs. What is really nice is that this is a folding treadmill, so you can fold it into a neat little package and store it in a small space.
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill Series comes with a comfort cell cushioning system to reduce walking impact. You also get a tinted LCD display, one that is both easy to read and easy to control, and the display also provides access to 6 different personal trainer programs.
- Good price
- Ideal for slow/medium pace
- Incline adjustment
- Comfort cell cushioning
- Decent display
- Variety of workout programs
- Lifespan is not great
- Some problems with the software
Bowflex BXT116 Treadmill
- 7. 5 inch color backlit LCD screen
- Bluetooth connectivity for connecting to Bowflex JRNY the personalized coaching technology and other popular fitness apps
- 20" x 60" running surface, 2.75" rollers, and a 3.5 CHP motor for a great feel
- 9 intuitive “push and go” workout programs
- One-touch adjustments for speeds up to 12MPH and motorized incline up to 15%
Besides the specialized treadmill reviewed in the beginning, this is likely the biggest and most powerful treadmill on the list today. This model can go very slow, it can be sped up in small increments, and it can go up to 12 mph, making ideal for fast and slow walkers alike. It also comes with a motorized incline that can be adjusted up to 15 degrees, just in case you want to make your workout a bit harder.
This model has a motorized soft-drop folding design, so while it is quite chunky, you can cut down on the size a bit when you need to put it away.
The Bowflex BXT116 Treadmill comes with a very high-quality display, intuitive touch controls, touch-based pulse monitoring, and the ability for you to engage in a number of workout programs. There are also a series of motivational features included. To make your walking experience as comfortable as possible, this unit also comes with Comfort Tech padding.
- Very durable
- Great for slow/med/fast pace
- Comfort tech cushioning
- Motorized incline
- Soft-drop folding feature
- Awesome display
- Lots of programs and motivational features
- Touch pulse monitoring
- Not cheap
If you need a good treadmill for walking, remember that it does not need to be overly fancy. Something space-friendly with a durable design and basic monitoring features should do the trick.